News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The final Irony

Started by Advwannabe, April 06, 2007, 04:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Oz would have to be one of the best places in the world to own an Adventure bike. Long distances, lots of dirt roads, plenty of exploring to be done.

Yet the top sellers (apart from the CT90 which Australia Post uses for local mail deliveries) are enduro bikes ie WR450s and Sports bikes. Go figure. Form over function??

Anyway, whatever you think of the 'wrong way rounders', their beemer product endorsements and the huge support team, they have raised interest.

In 2005 about 65 Tiggers found new homes, in 2006 @120 and sales of Adventure bikes were up across the board. Not a huge market, the most popular AT, the Wee-strom only shifted about 450 units.

Evidence suggests that Triumph has done its marketing right and the 1050s are rolling out the doors in haste. But surely with the Adventure bike segment making a surge there's room for a Adventure 1050?

Ah, rant out, I feel better now......

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

J. Breeze

Redgardless of what loyal Tiger dual sporters think about the changes to the bike for 2007, I think Triumph probably accurately interpreted the market.

Talking to the local dealer, I am informed that the 2007 Tiger has become the hottest seller in their store, hands down.

I too, think there should be consideration of developing a 1050 Tiger Adventure.