News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine managment light / revs

Started by ghostbiker955i, April 18, 2007, 08:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostbiker955i

I got my kitty back today affter full Conrod/bearings etc being replaced.

Sadly as My Triumph dealer couldnt fit me in i had a local shop do the work.

The bike has come back with a few problems to say the least and will be going back in this friday to have some of them fixed. but one i am hoping can be sorted easy right away.

The engine light is on and the bike is running rough. when started it revs at 2k spot on for a while then stalls. once warm and i p[ull over it wont tick over and stalls. theres also a lack of power and the engine seems to hold back. at high throtle positions the engine will even compleatly cut out till i easy off a bit then come back.

i am fairly sure this is mapping box related. possably from the engine being removed from the frame. is there a manuel reset procedure?
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

The engine light comes on after just removing the battery. It'll go out after a few "warming cycles".

As for your other problems...well....I dunno.

iansoady

Could be all sorts. Have they replaced the gasket for the stepper motor properly as this can be displaced and cause similar symptoms? You really need to find out what's causing the MIL to come on which requires either a dealer or someone with a Tuneboy.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

ghostbiker955i

tried the warming cycles and light didnt go out, so as i thought theres something causing it to be on. probably the same thing causing the bad running

Guy with a tuneboy is comming down friday to hook it up. will know more then.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

PeterO

Quote from: "Blacktiger"The engine light comes on after just removing the battery.

I've seen this said many times, so when I took the tank of my '04 for the first time the other day (to tighten up a weeping cooling hose jubilee clip), I expected  the light to come on when I started it up for the first time afterwards.  But it didn't !

Peter

JRO

I've removed my battery, and the engine light operated normally, when replaced - never did stay on.

If you want to reset your bike's brain, unhook the battery for an hour.  This should reset everything.  

I haven't seen it in the manual, but it works for most other bikes - anyone know if Triumphs are different?
JRO

2006 Tiger