News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel

Started by grrrh, April 22, 2007, 06:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grrrh

Does anyone have any experience of running a tiger on lower octane fuels? I'm taking mine through South,Central and North America from September and see that although 96 octane is available in the main cities of Chile and Peru,generally only 90 and 84 octane are available in the more remote areas.In Bolivia 84 octane is the best you can hope for. Would this cause excessive pinking or knocking? Iwill be riding two up with full luggage so the motor will have a bit of work to do. :-k
watch yer mouth on t\' corners

Advwannabe

Gidday Grrrh,

Here's a link to an earlier thread with some useful info http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2367

I've never run as low as 84, but can confirm that an '02 Tigger will run on 91RON loaded in 100+F with no ill effects

Let us know what else you find out
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

JRO

I'd take along a can of octane booster, for times I was forced to use 84.  In any event, be sure and let us know how things work out.
JRO

2006 Tiger

grrrh

Ok guys thanks for your replies and advice, I'll keep you posted .
watch yer mouth on t\' corners