News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Steamer is rolling again!

Started by burntclutch, April 25, 2007, 04:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntclutch

Well, I was finally able to afford it. After 3-4 years of restrictive finances due to rebuilding from a divorce, the Tiger was taken to get the suspension properly sorted out.

I had the rear shock rebuilt and upgraded with a stiffer spring. The front end got the full treatment of aftermarket springs and gold valve emulators.

The poor Steamer was virtually unridable for 2 years..the rear started weeping fluid and the front dove so far on braking, it was scary. I haven't even posted much or read this board or ADVrider much because it was killing me having her sit like that.

I had only one issue after getting it back. The swingarm being at the proper angle highlighted the need for a new chain slider. Well, I installed that last friday and have been commuting to work this week.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!! OH, it's AWESOME TO HAVE MY BABY BACK! :D  :D  A touch of plush still and loads more control! Thanks to the folks at Traxxion!

Also thinking of going with TKC80's for my next set. :twisted:

Anyone up for a trip to Coopers Creek in Suches GA?

Stretch

Aah, nothing like catching up with an old friend...

Advwannabe

Hi BC,

Your Steamer looks shmicko, how did you cope with not riding it?

Cheers,
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

CrashDBad

Congrats!  If you don't mind me asking, what did the suspension work set you back?  Did you send the parts or bring the bike in?

Thanks!

Rick

Mudhen

Welcome back!!!  Sweet looking Steamer.

:smt023 on the TKCs!
\'96 Steamer

burntclutch

Quote from: "CrashDBad"Congrats!  If you don't mind me asking, what did the suspension work set you back?  Did you send the parts or bring the bike in?

Thanks!

Rick

Granted, i didn't do any prep save for just bringing the bike there. So it's going to be the most pricey it can be.

All said and done it set me back $800.

:shock: