News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine idle revs

Started by ole buddy, April 28, 2007, 05:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ole buddy

When i first crank my bike cold, the revs start out at 3000 rpms. The bike runs for a bit there and then drops off to 2000-2200 rpms. After a couple of minutes it falls down to 1200-1500 rpms. After the bike has been run and is hot it will idle at 1000 rpms. The 3000 seemed high to me, but a buddy of mine who had a speed triple said his 955 did about the same. My Tiger is an 885. Thanks, ole buddy

ole buddy

Hey Guys! Nobody has any thoughts on this subject? Maybe I am worried about nothing. Please let me know. I am new to Tigers, but I love my 99. Thanks

JRO

Sounds normal, to me.  My bike acts similar.  So does my wife's station wagon.  Internal combustion engines seem to behave that way.
JRO

2006 Tiger

This behaviour is quite normal.

The ECU controls it all according to what all the sensors around the engine throw at it. So on a cold start in a cold climate it'll rev up as if you've pulled the choke out......remember them?

Stretch

Mine fires up at 2000-2500 instead of 3000, but the rest of the behavior sounds just like mine.

ole buddy

Thanks. I have owned only one fuel injected bike prior to the Tiger. It did not rev nearly as high. That is why it concerned me. Thanks