News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FNG

Started by Gonzo, May 12, 2007, 01:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzo

I just picked up a 2000 Tiger with a Daytona 955 engine (The original 885 threw a rod).

I just thought I'd say hey, and throw a pic up...cause ya know it doesn't exist without pics.

I'm lovin' it so far, awesome moto.

Peace,

Bob

Advwannabe

Nice ride Gonzo,

I've often wondered how Tigger would go with a Daytona motor.

Have you ridden a stock 955 Tiger to compare?

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

JRO

I wonder what year Daytona it came out of?

And if you're riding it, I guess it does exist.  Pictures or no.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Gonzo

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Nice ride Gonzo,

I've often wondered how Tigger would go with a Daytona motor.

Have you ridden a stock 955 Tiger to compare?

Cheers

I haven't ridden a Tiger before, so I have no comparison.  It's probably not too much different, maybe a few more horses up on the top end.  I didn't have too much trouble adjusting to shift pattern (it's reversed 1 up 5 down).  Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with a few of the board members sometime and try a regular Tiger out.

Quote from: "JRO"I wonder what year Daytona it came out of?

The guy I bought it from didn't know, he gave me the card of the Triumph dealership that did the swap, so I'm going to call them next week.   I like to wrench my own, so I want to make sure I have the right shop manuals around for the job.

Peace,

Bob

Advwannabe

If you decide to see how fast she goes you will probably set a new record on the 'top speed' thread  :twisted:
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180