News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Connectors

Started by Chris Canning, May 15, 2007, 10:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Set off for the WSB round at Monza a week ago,only got as far as Dover,had just filled up when i had one of the female connectors that screw into the tank,snap in half and dump  the entire contents all over a red hot bike,heaven only knows how it never blew up,anyone else had this happen??.

I know there was a recall on the male connectors from plastic to metal,but what about the female ones!!!.

greg

I'll bet that pissed you off!

Must get mine checked, probably just as well it was this side of the channel.
2004 Girly.

Chris Canning

It's a long story,of getting the RAC out,leave Triumph at their local depot,get rental car,drive home 200 miles repack other bike,get 4 hours sleep,get up 4am,re-ride back to Dover,catch ferry,P+O wouldn't honour the ferry ticket had to pay again!!!,then after the 200 miles down to Dover that morning rode another 570 to Berne in Switzerland,mostly in the pouring rain!!!.

BUT,what i', more concerned about is the fact the female connector has broken  because of fatigue,it'll be fun getting it out,as there's only a small piece showing(threaded) as the nut shaped part is what broke off.

tonyb

Not as bad as you chris, But just got back from euro trip got to port early in fact a few days and had to pay p&o another 57euro's any one out there thinking of doing the trip should be made aware of this. Hope you get the tiger done soon. The carb's started playing up on my tiger week before going on trip could not get booked in to triumph went on to buy a GSX1400 for the trip, Looks good but still love the tiger. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Chris Canning

Went to my local dealer,well not local but the one i prefer to use,bought two new female fuel connectors,had a ew problems get the glued threaded part that was left in the tank,small file to cut through the plastic untill i came in contact with the thread,and then dug the reast out and cleaned the thread up with a small wire brush.

To put new ones in,they have to come apart so you can get a 19mm socket on them to screw in,but hardly rocket science,on long trips in the future it'll be somthing i'll be carrying as a spare.

Sasquatch

All of you, save any future problems by purchasing the kits from team triumph (google search).  They are top quality dry break metal fittings for both the male and female side.

After having the same thing happen to me in the middle of the Mojave desert (read: VERY expensive tow), I went this route and have never had a problem since.

Stretch

Chris Canning

Shi@ after i'd just put new ones in!!!,but how do you buy them there doesn't seem to be an internet link or am i missing somthing!!!

Stretch

It appears to be an online catalog, with no online checkout.

There's a toll-free phone number crawling across the bottom of the page:

1-877-896-6910

Sasquatch

I have had the all metal ones on my bike as well as my fathers now for almost 4 years and they are the ONLY way to go.  My female plastic ones broke, not th e male like they are replacing under the recall.

FrostedFlake

Just ordered a set of the metal ones from Team Triumph - just a tad more expense than replacing the plastic stock females, with the comfort level of having new males as well.  Now, if I can just dig out that broken off female piece while I wait for UPS to arrive... :cry: