News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1050 wins award

Started by zadok_oz, May 16, 2007, 12:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zadok_oz

"The Triumph Tiger 1050, the most recent addition to Triumph's line, has also started to collect awards. Motorrad, the most influential magazine in Germany , awarded the Tiger 1050 the top spot in their travel enduro test, which saw the Tiger pitched against the BMW R1200GS, the KTM 990 Adventure, the Suzuki V-Strom 1000 and the Honda Varadero 1000. Beating the GS is a formidable achievement, as the BMW has dominated the category for many years."

I'm surprised to see the Tiger winning in it's category, as it is reported to be a road bike now.

Good stuff  :D

http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0705/070514_08n.html
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Tiger's out selling the GS during the first months of this year. Seems that people are finally realising that the Broken Motor Work bikes are unreliable CRAP!

I've just read British "Bike" magazine where Nick Sanders took a tour to Timbuktu. The bikes that got the most mentions were the GS BMWs............because they kept breaking! The Tiger on the tour just got on with the job. Nuff said. Mind you, it was a 955i.