News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Superbike Mag - Tiger Article

Started by zadok_oz, May 23, 2007, 02:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zadok_oz

Check out the June edition here:

http://www.aqua.co.nz/sportsbike/

'05 - '07 Comparo Pages 85-87

Interested in your comments on this article.

Would you have an '05 model?
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Stretch

Actually it's on page 102 of the June 2007 download.

Amazing that the '07 was judged a better street-only bike than the '05.  Oh wait, that's exactly what it was designed to be wasn't it?  Street-only?

Funny, they didn't do an off-road comparison between the '05 and the '07... I think we all know how that would turn out.

Sasquatch

I bought my Girly for a reason... I already had a street bike.

burntclutch

nice picture man..

Now do take note though that they paid some nice respect to the '05 in that piece also. They started slagging it a bit but couldn't help from liking it.

Too bad they all can't be Steamers though. ;)

greg

Well I think the 07 should be called the 'neuter', for obvious reasons.
2004 Girly.

Stretch

Quote from: "burntclutch"nice picture man..

I can not claim nor take any credit for that pic.  I lifted it from one of Sasquatch's posts on ADVrider.

Brother Number One

Hmm, I've just read the current edition of Superbike for free.  Not bad considering I live in Thailand and UK mags are very expensive here.  Anyone know where I can get Bike, GQ, Practical Photography, PC Pro and Lardysofaarse?
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

ME-Rider

When I bought my 06, I went to the dealer with the garauntee of a back to back demo.  The 07 did feel better turning into corners but as the article said the 17" wheels and tires take care of most of that impression.  Power between the 955 and 1050 motors was way too similar for this non-journalist rider to make a judgement.  Seating position was almost identical with the 07 having a slightly shorter reach to flat foot at stop.

When it came time to write the check?  I got my 06 fitted with the TOR pipe and centerstand not to metion the STANDARD hard bags, STANDARD luggage rack and STANDARD hand guards for $1,000 less than the $10,600 starting price of the 07.

No Brainer
Ride to Work, Work to Ride