News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Servicing advice UK

Started by MARKC, May 25, 2007, 09:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKC

My Tiger is coming up to its 12,000 mile service. Can anyone recommend a main dealer or an independent mechanic shop in the Manchester area.

Can an independent dealer do the 12.000 mile service or does it have to be a Triumph dealer with all the right servicing gizmos.?

Thanks

600scoobs

Id say find a proper dealer if it's still under warranty,otherwise like bikes Iv owned just get things done at local shop & if they cannot do it then find somwhere else that can main dealers can be more money.

My local shopie even stamped the book on one bike just for balancing the carbs Id done all the oil+filter plugs etc easy bits that they charge for anyhow.

Iv just looked at my manual the valve clearances are mentioned ECU check & throttle balance the rest like coolant check oil+filter etc can all be done by yourself most of it is the same stuff youd do if MOTing the bike.

hope this helps you  :D
Bikes are for riding all year not to polish on a sunday showing off to neighbours !