News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help Wanted

Started by MARKC, June 17, 2007, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKC

I have the Scottoiler touring resovoir behind the number plate.As this pushes the number plate forward  1" the number plate light is covered. Obviously sooner or later I will get a pull from the police on this.Has anyone got a similar set up and have you found a solution for this.Thanks

Loops

Hi MarkC,

I've had exactly this set up for about six or seven years.  The solution is to forget it.

Never been pulled for a poorly light rear plate and no MOT examiner queried it either.

If you check it when it's really dark the plate is illuminated a wee bit.

But if you want to push the rear light back I'd suggest a spacer behind the light.  I'd probably carve something out of a block of Balsa Wood, it's easy to sand down and drill holes in, then once done paint it black and waterproof with marine varnish.

Good Luck

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

blacktiger

I've seen someone on some forum somewhere use a piece of square alloy extrusion mounted behind the lamp to space it out. Being hollow, it also doubles as somewhere to hide your stash.
Me? When I saw how the reservoir affected the number plate light I just mounted a 250ml bottle (ex brake fluid) to the side of the rear mudguard. That Scottoiler reservoir is still in it's box. Effin' stupid idea.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.