News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Whistling?

Started by BIG BILL, June 18, 2007, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BILL

Do all tigers engines make a whistling sound at tick over and slow speed I can't seem to remember this on my last Bike?

The wistling is quite loud?

Thanks Bill
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

BIG BILL

Cum"on  Chaps this is quite anoying and frightning. I bought the bike from a Yamaha main dealer and he says they all sound like that ,is this true?

It still has Two months Triumph warranty left so I can get it checked.

But would still like to hear from any of you lot out there for real peace of mind.

The Bike ticking over whistles and winnys? quite loud and when wound up growls which is nice.

Bill
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

burntclutch

What year m8?

Check the intakes for gawd knows what is all I could suggest.

Mines never whistled...not even when left in a parking lot next to a sexy 675. ;)

Chris Canning

You say whistling,do you mean the screetching from the fuel pump when  cold?.

abruzzi

Whistling could be a lot of things.  Mine started whistling when I switched to full synthetic motor oil, which supposedly doesn't dampen sound as much.  If it worries you, I'd take it to the dealer, or by any shop and ask them if it sounds out of the ordinary.  You're probably like me, and worry about every new sound your bike makes.  I did this for 4 years on my Enfield, and it never gave me a spot of trouble.

Geof

greg

Every Triumph I ever had has whistled! I'd take them back if they didn't.
2004 Girly.

The whistling you're on about is quite normal. It's the primary drive gears which have straight cut teeth. It's part of the character of Triumph engines.

I had an XJ650 Yamaha back in the early 80s and that did the same except louder. It used to turn heads at certain speeds because it sounded like a jet engine. Fantastic.

BIG BILL

Thanks for the replies I feel much more able to enjoy it now.

Its Black 2005 with Scott oiler 4000 miles

Thanks again   Bill

Stretch

Mine whirrs, not really a whistle...

With that and the off-road pipe, my bike sounds really cool!

JRO

I discovered the same sound, when I purchased my '06.  You'll get used to it.  A Triumph Tiger just sounds like a hairdryer.
JRO

2006 Tiger