News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

the other site?

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2007, 02:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Okay, on adv bigdave just posted saying that he is going to bring up triumph-tiger.com.

Thats really fucked up. After abruzzi goes and does all this work. Id like to know first what happen to the other site. Why did it cease, and why NOW, after another site was created in order to replace it. And i know they saw the posts, they could have simply mentioned something like

"We might bring it back, we are trying"

or

"We don't know"

Something.

Okay, just a little rant. Had to get that off my chest.
:)
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

abruzzi

Quote from: "scorch"Okay, on adv bigdave just posted saying that he is going to bring up triumph-tiger.com.

Thats really fucked up. After abruzzi goes and does all this work. Id like to know first what happen to the other site. Why did it cease, and why NOW, after another site was created in order to replace it. And i know they saw the posts, they could have simply mentioned something like

"We might bring it back, we are trying"

or

"We don't know"

Something.

Okay, just a little rant. Had to get that off my chest.
:)

I pm'ed Dave.  I think, from his post, that his intent is to get it back up so someone can take it over.  Hopefully this will all tie together.

Geof

tigerrider

Yes, I think that was the intent also.

hence the ref to finding a new host I assumed.

BigDave

I am happy to see the site over here. I did not realize till today that somehow Sasquatch was able to get the data file.

If everyone wants to run with this new site then fine by me.

I will transfer the domain to abruzzi so he can point it to here if he wants and renew it.

Again my apologies for the website going down. I am happy to see the legacy continue...

BD

abruzzi

Quote from: "BigDave"I am happy to see the site over here. I did not realize till today that somehow Sasquatch was able to get the data file.

If everyone wants to run with this new site then fine by me.

I will transfer the domain to abruzzi so he can point it to here if he wants and renew it.

Again my apologies for the website going down. I am happy to see the legacy continue...

BD

No problem, and thanks--hosting the site for so long after you moved on the GS land was above and beyond the call.  

I'll look into initiating the the domain transfer, I think you need to unlock the domain, and then request a transfer authorization code to send to me.

thanks,

Geof

Stretch

Woohoo!

Thanks for working with us, Dave.  We all appreciate you keeping Triumph-Tiger over the years.  We have scads and scads of great information here, thanks to you.

I'm buyin'!

Sasquatch

Without going into any details, give BigDave some slack.  He has had some things going on in his life that would make what happened to the other site totally understandable.  I wont explain, that is for him to do if he wishes, but just please take my word on it, he did not mean to let things slide.

And Dave, yeah, with Abruzzi's help, I was able to back up the data from the site and get it to him.  I did not think you would mind, but I took a chance at it anyway.

Glad to see your post dude!

Still waiting for a visit.  Got some good rides lined up.

geoff

I appreciate all the work that must have gone into keeping the last Tiger web site going and felt a loss when it disappeared. If the site was discontinued because Dave had some problems I hope that he can get on top of them and wish him the best.

This new site is great and all involved in getting it going deserve lots of thanks and encouragement.   :D

DanoDawg

Hey BigDave!

Hope all is getting sorted out and you're on the "road" to better days.

All others: I think BigDave showed a lot of class by continuing to run the old site.

Later,

Dan :D
\'06 Tiger

blacktiger

All I can say is ; " well done to all involved. Especially Dave, Abruzzi & Sasquatch. Both sites are great. One absolutely fabulous site would be fantastic".
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.