News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is your average MPG

Started by Anonymous, August 31, 2007, 04:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

What is your average mpg.

Triumphs generally get pretty good mpg, so whats yours? Tell us the year of your bike, mods and what type of riding you did while getting it :)
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

I get 45-50 mpg with mine.

I put the spurs to 'er sometimes, but I'm generally a pretty careful rider, keeping within the speed limits unless I'm riding outside the city.  

My engine is stock except a K&N air filter, Triumph Offroad pipe, and Offroad tune.

abruzzi

zadok_oz

'03 with staintune exhaust, power commander & KN filter:
Trip with wife pillion - 51.06 mpg (imperial).  :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

geoff

2006 model, completely standard, mostly short runs to the shops and other local errands. Generally not ridden very quick because I want to keep my license.  But it does get the occasional squirt. Lifting the front wheel in first is lots of fun :D

49mpg(imp.) or 5.8 l/100km.

Typical speed limits 50 to 70kph. This will normally get me past 300km before the low fuel light comes on (after using about 18 litres of fuel).

ned37

95 steamer...with the intake valves clearance closed or nearly closed :shock: , around 40 mpg.  we'll see what it is now that i've readjusted it.  :)
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

blacktiger

My Tiger is '02. I have a K&N air filter, irridium plugs and a 19T front sprocket AND I'm dealing in UK gallons here. (figures in brackets are USgallons.....I think)
General riding the twisties and enjoying myself, I get 55mpg (45). Constant 85~90mph on motorway I get 45mpg (37). Going REALLY easy I have had 65mpg (53).
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

ChrisN

I generally work on 10p per mile, but as fuel prices rise I may have to back off a little, or just increase the budget !  :roll:

BTW, the above converts to 45-50 mpg (UK)
Chris