News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery charging through Aux plug

Started by Green Gecko, December 19, 2003, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Gecko

Can you charge a battery through the Aux plug safely? I noticed mine has gone dead and I thought I would I would pick up a charger and change the end on it for the aux socket.

02 Green Gecko

Chris Canning

Mines wired up in the garage at the moment through the plug socket.

Chris

Brock

You shouldn't have any problems...I use an Optimate all year 'round, but more so in the winter. I did have to buy an extra plug to go on the Optimate's lead though...cost a couple of quid.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Quote from: "Brock"You shouldn't have any problems...I use an Optimate all year 'round, but more so in the winter. I did have to buy an extra plug to go on the Optimate's lead though...cost a couple of quid.

Ditto.

Wrangler

This may sound dumb (but wait), where is the aux plug located?  I've been looking at pic's and been assuming it was on left hand side, slightly below riders thigh.  Then I notice a pic from Big Dave and he's got a key (or it looks like a key with a ring).

Reason this is important is because I'm wiring my 'lectric vest on my first date in April with my Tiger and we have several thousand's of K to get home.  Want to make sure the length of cord is sufficient but not overly long.  Any help would be appreciated.
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

Brock

The factory fitted aux plug is where you describe it...Big Dave may have an extra one fitted or, if it's got a "key"  it may be some kind of alarm thingy.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein