News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

newbie to the tiger have ?

Started by thundergod, September 05, 2007, 08:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundergod

so i am going to be picking up a 2000 tiger with painers but otherwise stock any recomended sevice items or upgrades cheers

Mudhen

Must be an 885i, correct?  If so, search for the crankcase breather mod...those bikes can have an issue if they fall on their sides while running - oil can get pumped into the airbox, then into the cylinders...buh-bye motor...

Just takes a longer hose - well worth it.

Good luck with your new bike, and welcome aboard!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

thundergod

Stretch

RaceTech makes cartridge emulators that allow you to adjust the valving in the forks.

http://www.race-tech.com/SubMenu.asp?cM ... &showPage=

Also, Wirth springs and thicker (15 weight) fork oil will firm things up.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show. ... D621A068FC

A Hagon shock will help things in the rear end.

955i engines were in 2001-2006 Tigers.

Jacqueslemac

A Scotoiler is always a good bet.

thundergod

thanx for the pointers any suggestions for tires i am thinking of something biased to off road as that will be the intended use

WIDGIN

Certainly need an Off-road pipe to unleash that triple howl.  Regarding tires: if off-road is primary purpose with some road, then TKC-80's.  For more off-road, any knobby that fits and lasts for more than 1K miles would be cool.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Sonoma

Crash bars, tigers love to lay down.  And you should search the threads for windscreen options.
\'99 Black Tiger

thundergod

found some bars on hepco site need to find an exhaust do you guys know who makes them for a 2000 most of the sites say they dont have anything for the 2000 only 2001 and up

PixMan

Quote from: "Jacqueslemac"A Scotoiler is always a good bet.

For some people. :roll:

I prefer to lube my bike's chain by hand, avoiding the big mess those things put out.

zombie

I like the idea of a scott oiler just cause I cant be arsed to oil the chain all the time

iceweazel

Three cans I recall for the steamers.  Not sure if all will still be available.   Triumph, Staintune, and Thunderbike Powersports.    Can't really speak for any of those on the steamer.

On the 955is the Thunderbike seems to flow the best with the Factory offroad tunes. Sounds great as well.

Advwannabe

Judging by the gravel rash and dings on my 02's radiator and oilcooler guard they would seem a worthwhile mod. I shelled out the money for Touratechs and waited 6 months for delivery but am happy with the product. Some have made their own for a fraction of the cost and they look great.

I hate going against the flow........but here goes. I like the stock pipe. I've ridden my tiger up to 1700 Km in a day combined paved and unpaved running and appreciate the quiet pipe. After recently riding a 'piped' speed triple I loved the roar for the first hour and dislliked it over a day's riding. And yes you get more power but do you need it? Think about what you want before you go this way.

Welcome to the land of permanent silly grins and going out to the garage at midnight for just another look at your new toy.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180