News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

help save the tiger

Started by thundergod, September 06, 2007, 05:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundergod

looking for front faring and lights please look at pics and see what u have lying about if u see any thing else i should be replaceing please give me a shout

Stretch

Oh, that was your bike that was on ADVrider recently.  Poor thing.

So you're not going to sell it / let the insurance company total it?  Good for you.

What exactly happened?

thundergod

no im the one who bought it

Stretch

Ah, I see.  Sorry about that.

Does she still ride okay?  Just cosmetic damage, I hope?

thundergod

at this point i dont know how it rides i havent made it out to la yet to pick it up the owner says it rides well still i was pricing parts for it on bike bandit and it looks like its going to be expensive to fix this tiger up so i am looking for used parts from what i can tell it will need

left head lamp assmbly
front faring
screen
signals
the plastic bits they mount two
and it looks like i will have to bend the racks back into shap for the bags
ass they seem have saved the bike in its fall from damgge to the back same for the crash bars on the front

benh

The expense depends on how you want to fix it up.

You might be able to get some of those parts off ebay or another secondhand source, which would be cheaper.

It's almost a perfect opportunity to change things up if you're inclined.  Ratbike!

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "benh"Ratbike!

Indeed. If you're going off road anyway, why not use cheaper, crashable, and lighter enduro parts? Panoram Speedo, etc. Lighten it up and save big $$

Have Fun!
Bruin\'

thundergod

i have found a repairable front faring from a site member so cheers
still looking for the other bits though

mikeG15

Most of this stuff appears regularly on ebay.co.uk

zombie

Quote from: "benh"Ratbike!

most excellent suggestion :D