News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centerstand Install

Started by CBAT, September 06, 2007, 04:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"I just slid the exhaust off at the joint below the footpegs, so I didn't replace any gaskets.  .

same here..  biggest 'problem' was trying to balance the bike whilst I fitted the bolt through the stand and the shock linkage..  :shock:

steve@stihlse.com

thanks guys but the 08 is different. It has two boss's on the bottom of the case and you can run a bolt right through without getting near the shock link so only 07 & up info counts..
He is free who lives as he chooses!

Mustang

Quote from: "steve@stihlse.com"thanks guys but the 08 is different. It has two boss's on the bottom of the case and you can run a bolt right through without getting near the shock link so only 07 & up info counts..
yeah but you are in a steamer thread not an 07 and up thread , it is you who is  in the wrong place .............just sayin  :shock:

steve@stihlse.com

sorry, brand new here and to Triumph. where do i need to be?
He is free who lives as he chooses!

Mustang

Quote from: "steve@stihlse.com"sorry, brand new here and to Triumph. where do i need to be?
in the section that is for Roadies .............but be forewarned that this board doesn't have a lot of activity for the newer tigers .
we are mainly up to 2006 tigers even though there is  a section for the 07 and newer .

http://tiger1050.com/ is going to be alot more active for you and it is only for 1050 tiger's

HeavyHustler

Just finished installing my SW-Motech center stand.  Not too bad.  2-1/2hrs cause I didn't have the exhaust removed and I had to install and uninstall it 3x......???
First time I forgot the center stand!  LOL! :icon_scratch:
Second time I realised I should've removed the 2 screws from underneath to hook the spring thingy too.  Stand was in the way of one of the screws.... :icon_evil:
Third times a charm! :icon_mrgreen:

It's nice that the pics for this mod were still active.  It's a shame others are gone, I am a kinesthetic learner.  I work well with pics!  :icon_study: