News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Front Brake Vibration

Started by UKPaul, September 13, 2007, 04:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKPaul

So I wait till my warranty is almost up (aug 07) as I've had a slight vibration when I apply the front brake.
I take it to the dealer here in San Diego in July thinking I'll get the warped rotor replaced under warranty along with the pads. It works out it was a bent wheel but because I have 8K on the bike Triumph are not willing to replace the pads & rotor, although they did replace the front wheel under warranty.
It seemed fine for about 25 miles, now after 200 the front of the bike vibrates when applying the front brake coming down from 60mph.
I am no mechanic but surely if the original rotor & pads are still on the bike from a previous bent wheel this must be the cause.
Frankly I feel like taking the bike in & just have the front braking system upgraded to a after market one & be done with it.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

Stretch

Sounds like your guess is right on the money, unless your dealer installed another bent wheel (pretty unlikely).

Whether the bike is still under factory warranty or not, the dealer should stand behind their work.  If they misdiagnosed the problem and blamed it on the front wheel, they should cowboy up and admit their mistake.  Since you came to them in July, and the same problem still isn't fixed, an honorable dealer ought to make things right.

If they won't replace the rotors, they should at least prove to you that the new wheel is bent or not.  If it is, see about a warranty claim on that part.

If the new wheel is straight, ask about a warranty claim on the rotors, since you were there in July for that problem and they missed it.

Worth a try.

blacktiger

Yeah. What Stretch said.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Onedownfiveup

Let me guess where Paul, Rocket?  :roll:

BTW, how the hell you doing!?

I was just at Rocket today and continue to be underwhelmed by their knowledge.

Good luck with this, let us know how it works out. Didn't Martin have a similiar problem?
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

UKPaul

Hi Jamie, you've got it in one mate!
The good news is they called me today & Triumph have agreed to supply new rotors under warranty.
Hopefully the dealer will think to put new pads on!!!

Riding to Cabo in November with Martin & his new 07 Tiger.
Hope to see you at www.shakespearepub.com
British bike night 1st Wednesday of every month, had about 20 bikes last month.
Cheers,
Paul

Onedownfiveup

Right on Paul! I left my dad's van at Rocket yesterday and when I picked it up I saw your bike outside. Looks nice, all dressed out and shit.

Glad Rocket did you right. It's not like we have a lot of choices elsewise.

I was up at Mammoth, Highway 4 and 108 last weekend. Freaking sweet! Fuel injection is the shit at 11,000 feet. You chaps gotta make it there sometime in late summer.

First Wednesday, eh? Gotta keep that in mind.

I need to rap with you about all your mods. No better time than a first wednesday. And a belated thank you for the centerstand. I haven't had to use to other for cleaning yet, which is okay by me.

A pic from last weekend.

Talk to you soon.
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

FullMonte

The fronts on my '05 were juddering badly at 7800 miles, so I took it in last week.  Just got off the phone with the service manager and he ordered a new set of rotors from Triumph to be covered under warranty.  Hopefully, the new set isn't from the "bad batch".