News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

counterbalance shaft seal R&R

Started by stopwatch, September 15, 2007, 05:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopwatch

Can anyone tell me if the removal and replacement of the oil seal on the end of the counterbalance (left side, inside the alternator cover) is just a straight forward, pry the old seal out and press the new seal in process? Thanks for your help!

NortonCharlie

That is all there is to it, I would recommend having a gasket handy in case you destroy the old one.  Also, when you put the cover on the magnets from the alternator will try and pull the cover out of your hands when installing it so watch that.  I got 3 long bolts a cut the heads off then cut a screwdriver slot in the end to use as alignment bolts, handy but not necessary. Also lube the seal before assembly. I used a little white grease.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando