News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Good bye Tiger

Started by Kitty, September 17, 2007, 01:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

Hi folks,
After 110.000 kilometres triple riding Iíve sold my tiger (because of big trouble with oil consumption).
It was nice to meet you here, and I want to say thank you and good by.
Have much fun with your Tigers (I still like them very much),
take care
Kitty

CBAT

Hi kitty,
NIce to meet you, sad to see you go.  :wink: Sorry you are getting away from your tiger. Is there another bike in your future?
Bruce

Kitty

Quote from: "CBAT"Is there another bike in your future?

I changed to a Kawasaki Versys, a little nice bike with much fun, not as comfortable as a Tiger, but WITHOUT oil consumption. So I loose my third cylinder with one sad and one laughing eye.

CBAT

Those are nice. I was able to sit on one at the dealer. A little more ground clearance and a skid plate would make it a good dirt road explorer. Maybe the aftermarket will step up. Enjoy the new ride!
Bruce

CBAT

Those are nice. I was able to sit on one at the dealer. A little more ground clearance and a skid plate would make it a good dirt road explorer. Maybe the aftermarket will step up. Enjoy the new ride!
Bruce

Mudhen

A sad day.  Hopefully you'll be back one day - once you've realized you can't have nearly as much fun without that triple motor!

Good luck, and enjoy!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Kitty

Quote from: "Mudhen"you can't have nearly as much fun without that triple motor!

Yes, I really miss that beloved triple,
but you would be amazed if youíd know how much fun there is in this little twin.
I was, too.

NortonCharlie

Kitty, I hope you still post some of your ride reports.  I don't think anyone will mind that the ride wasn't done on the Tiger.  I have seen a couple of write ups on the Versys, it sounds like a lot of fun.  My Tiger is also using a lot of oil, needs a top end, but I have found another that I am going to pick up Wednesday.

Please keep us up to date with your new adventures
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Kitty

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"I don't think anyone will mind that the ride wasn't done on the Tiger.  
If this is so, I will do!
Thanks for your reply. :oops:

WIDGIN

Quote from: "Kitty"
Quote from: "NortonCharlie"I don't think anyone will mind that the ride wasn't done on the Tiger.  
If this is so, I will do!
Thanks for your reply. :oops:

Yes, please.  Would also like to learn your impressions of Versys compared to Tiger.  Not that I'm looking to change bikes anytime soon, but the Versys is an intriguing bike.  Is it much slower, rougher, lighter feeling, etc?
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

HockleyBoy

Good luck with the new bike, shame about the Tiger though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

blacktiger

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"My Tiger is also using a lot of oil, needs a top end,

What sort of mileages are you guys on?? You've got me worried with my bike up to 47000 miles.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Kitty, have Kawasaki got the windscreen sorted?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Kitty

Quote from: "WIDGIN"Would also like to learn your impressions of Versys compared to Tiger.  Not that I'm looking to change bikes anytime soon, but the Versys is an intriguing bike.  Is it much slower, rougher, lighter feeling, etc?

Is it much slower?
Not much. On unlimited highways the digital speedometer shows 209 km/h (in very good conditions). I think it is real 185 ñ 190 km/h.
Really, you donít have the feeling to sit on a bike with only 650 ccm.
On small roads with many narrow bends Versys is evenÖ Tiger-drivers, stop reading nowÖ Versys is even faster because of its light weight. On these roads the Tiger is not able to put its superior horsepower into more speed. Tiger is too fat!
Tiger-drivers donít be shocked. It is true. My husbandís Scramblerís fuel consumption raised about 1.5 litres per 100 kilometres since the Versys is present.

Is it rougher?
A little bit. But always nice. On my Tiger from 5000 rpm up I felt much more bad vibrations than on the Versys at 10.000 rpm. But under 5000, especially 3000 rpm Tiger is much smoother. There is perfect triple feeling.

Lighter feeling?
Oh yes, absolutely.
Versys is light and torquey, has an excellent frame and suspensions and very light handling. It turns beautifully into corners with no effort and will hold a steady line, even through fast and bumpy corners.

I have found following negative points on my Versys:

1. Mirrors are too short
2. Partly bad lacquer quality
3. Horn is too low
4. No middle stands possible because of the exhaust
5. Thin plastic parts

If I find more I will let you know.

Quote from: "blacktiger"have Kawasaki got the windscreen sorted?

This ìVario Screenî, offered by Kawasaki, made by MRA, is working very well. No winds even on high speed, no bad aerodynamics, no buffeting around my head, no loud noises.
These points always have been a big problem with my Tiger (standard screen).