News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Passing Button

Started by Tama's Tigre, September 19, 2007, 01:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tama's Tigre

Tiger Trax is correct.  In the US flashing your highbeams could mean "there's a cop down the road... slow down." Flashing from truckers means "go ahead and change lanes in front of me."  And the most universal interpretation of flashing in the US is "go ahead, I'm yielding to you," that's the one that scares me, because if I flash I'm inviting someone to cut in front of me.  US driver's are bad, Houston drivers are worse... I should know, I was a Houston cop for 20 years.  I just assume, keep my highbeams on, so no matter what they're thinking... THEY SEE ME.  

Today, I was 2-up with my 15 year old, coming down a 60 mph 2-way road.  An idiot cage was about to make a left turn in our path.  I slammed on the brakes hoping for the best (no way to avoid a collision, just minimize the damage), and at the last second, the idiot saw us.  Maybe it was the high beam, maybe it wasn't.  But what ever it was, HE SAW US, and my boy and I are here to talk about it.  So ya'll do what you want, and do what's best for you.  But for Christ's sake, get off my back with your petty sophomoric chastisements, and, LIVE AND LET LIVE  :!:

Stretch