News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Batteries

Started by CBAT, October 04, 2007, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBAT

I think the battery on my '96 Steamer is shot. Won't hold a charge over night. Has anyone used one of those new AGM sealed batteries? Any tips on a good online source and manufacturer? Any other tips? I can get a standard lead acid type from Batteries Plus local for $38.
Bruce

nightrunner

Last time I checked there were no upgraded batteries that fit the Tiger (unless you went to smaller capacity).  Are they available now?   I run a sealed battery in my DR650 and it works great.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

zadok_oz

I just got a gel battery for mine. They get a good writeup.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Mudhen

I got a Yuasa gel from my dealer.  Got sick of battery acid pouring out everything I'd tank it off road...
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Quote from: "Mudhen"I got a Yuasa gel from my dealer.  Got sick of battery acid pouring out everything I'd tank it off road...

Good point.  Compared to most other big bikes, AVD bikes spend a bit more time on their sides.  A perfect application for a gel battery.

CBAT

Quote from: "Mudhen"I got a Yuasa gel from my dealer.  Got sick of battery acid pouring out everything I'd tank it off road...

I assume your talking about the Triumph dealer? How much $$ are we talking about. I like the idea as mine spends time on it's side every now and then. Last time the vent hole for the battery was on the uphill side so nothing leaked.
Bruce

Mudhen

Quote from: "CBAT"

I assume your talking about the Triumph dealer? How much $$ are we talking about. I like the idea as mine spends time on it's side every now and then. Last time the vent hole for the battery was on the uphill side so nothing leaked.

No, my drug dealer silly.  Where do you think 'acid' comes from?   :shock:

Ya, my Triumph dealer.  Don't know what I paid, somehow I forgot to put it in my 'maintenance' spreadsheet....
\'96 Steamer

CBAT

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "CBAT"

No, my drug dealer silly.  Where do you think 'acid' comes from?   :shock:

Ya, my Triumph dealer.  Don't know what I paid, somehow I forgot to put it in my 'maintenance' spreadsheet....

I was thinking more along the lines of the specific brand of battery dealer. Like interstate batteries has a list of dealers but most of them are lawnmower shops and ....whatever.  Good answer though.  :lol:
Bruce