News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Asking the gurus.. Does this look right?

Started by pit0rz, October 11, 2007, 01:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pit0rz

Close up of the left side of my '03 Tiger.  I'm wondering if this looks right to you folks with lots more Tiger experience than me.  Specifically the wire that runs out of the top of the alternator cover.  Where the machined surface is.  There is some dried up gray silicone or ?? flaking off.  Kinda looks like something is missing here.  Is there supposed to be something there to protect that wire?

Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

Mine has a rubber boot on it.

pit0rz

Thanks.  Does the boot cover only that one wire or the other black thing sticking out of the engine case?  Can you tell how it's held in place?
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

Here ya go...

It appears similar to a grommet that fits into a slot when the alternator cover is off the bike.

You'd probably do just as well to clean the surfaces with acetone and a Q-Tip, and seal it with black hi-temp silicone.

pit0rz

ahh, ok.  A picture is worth a thousand words!  I think mine would look just like that once the gray spooge is cleaned off.  Now I'm just worried that the previous owner cobbed a fix there.  Assuming maybe water was getting in?

Thanks
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

zombie

seems to look okay and a general rule is if it's not broke don't fix it