News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

got a tiger today

Started by doc, November 04, 2007, 02:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc

hi, sold my klr and picked up a 06 tiger with 9000 km. huge difference in power. i wanted a better highway bike and think i found it! to bad it's gonna snow tonight. great site. :D
chris

2004Tiger

Welcome. Hope you like it as much as I like mine.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

zadok_oz

Very nice. You're going to love it. What colour? Make sure to get some pics. :)
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

doc

Quote from: "zadok_oz"Very nice. You're going to love it. What colour? Make sure to get some pics. :)
it's a blue one with a givi top box. need a new rear tire,  the weather guy was right about the snow today :o

Stretch

Welcome aboard.  You're in good company.

Sit a spell.  Kick your shoes off.  We have over four years worth of Tiger-specific questions, answers, and tech tips archived.

Y'all come back now, y'heah?  :mrgreen:

abruzzi

Snow?  It's like dirt, only white, right?

Geof

HockleyBoy

Welcome aboard, you are going to love that Tiger.  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

doc

Quote from: "abruzzi"Snow?  It's like dirt, only white, right?

Geof
like wet white dirt, i'll be rideing tomorow :lol:

TigerTrax

Hey Doc...
Welcome aboard.

We had a rider out of Calgary, Curtis Ross, who rode to Jasper, ARKANSAS two consecutive years to our Tiger rally. He has since moved
even further NORTH..... ????

Have a ball with your Tiger.

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

TriumphTengu

I traded in my Honda Shadow Aero VT750 Thursday November 1st and became the very proud owner of a Blue '06 Tiger 955I with 850 miles on her.  It came with a matching top case (which I've stuck in the house) and an extra Cee Bailey #2 tall windscreen(which I put on Saturday afterwork).  What else do I need?  More time to ride the bike!
Jim in Austin
P.S.  November 1st was my birthday.  Best Birthday gift I've ever got.
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Stretch

Crash bars.  They'll pay for themselves the very first time you drop the bike.

Tama's Tigre

Quote from: "TriumphTengu"I traded in my Honda Shadow Aero VT750 Thursday November 1st and became the very proud owner of a Blue '06 Tiger 955I with 850 miles on her.  It came with a matching top case (which I've stuck in the house) and an extra Cee Bailey #2 tall windscreen(which I put on Saturday afterwork).  What else do I need?  More time to ride the bike!
Jim in Austin

Texas is a big state, I know, I live in Houston and track your way for some nice hills and scenery.  Haven't been off road in the Hill Country yet (new to the fold as well), but if you find some cowtrails patna, you let me know.  To cover all those miles, you may need to add a tooth to your front sprocket, to 19 teeth.  It knocks down about 5K RPM at speed. That means that with an 06 (very close ratio gearing), when you're cruising through west Texas at 85, instead of hearing the growl at 6000 RPM, you'll hear the purr at 5500.  I've been tempted to try a 20 toother...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE GROWL AT 9K, but I reserve that for the twisties  :lol:

flyingpackman

Quote from: "doc"hi, sold my klr and picked up a 06 tiger with 9000 km. huge difference in power. i wanted a better highway bike and think i found it! to bad it's gonna snow tonight. great site. :D
chris

Doc,

I've been having some of the same thoughts.  I ride my KLR almost exclusively on the road.  After you ride it a while give me your thoughts on if you still think you made the right decision.  

Thanks
LP

doc

Quote from: "flyingpackman"
Quote from: "doc"hi, sold my klr and picked up a 06 tiger with 9000 km. huge difference in power. i wanted a better highway bike and think i found it! to bad it's gonna snow tonight. great site. :D
chris

Doc,

I've been having some of the same thoughts.  I ride my KLR almost exclusively on the road.  After you ride it a while give me your thoughts on if you still think you made the right decision.  

Thanks
hi packman, i remember you from klr.net, first time on the highway today and the tiger is real smooth at 150 km. with power to spare. i like the klr but like you i went off road only a few times. i like the long runs on the pavement with the choice to hit a dirt road here and there. all day rides on the tiger should be no problem, really nice and wide seat, no vibes, good wind protection, think i wanna go for another ride.
cheers, doc

doc

Quote from: "TriumphTengu"I traded in my Honda Shadow Aero VT750 Thursday November 1st and became the very proud owner of a Blue '06 Tiger 955I with 850 miles on her.  It came with a matching top case (which I've stuck in the house) and an extra Cee Bailey #2 tall windscreen(which I put on Saturday afterwork).  What else do I need?  More time to ride the bike!
Jim in Austin
great news, that sure is low mileage, let me know what you think og the tall screen. :)