News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer tyres

Started by diggerT, November 07, 2007, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

I am sure this has been covered before but new tryes are coming out all the time.
Any tips as to steamer road only tyres that are good for all year use and touring ie hard wearing and grippy?
Mine appear to have inner tubes so I presume they would have to be suitable for these

Many thanks

DiggerT
93 Steamer

JetdocX

You can use a tube in a tubless tire no problems there.

My riding leans more toward adventures on and off pavement, so I can't really offer and suggestions on brands.
From parts unknown.

CBAT

Yep, stuff a tube in and ride away! I'm currently running Metzler Tourance. They seem to do very good on street and when you air 'em down to about 25 they grip pretty good off road. They don't do good in sand but I think it's more the heavy bike than the tires. And forget about mud.
Bruce

pinner

I replaced my worn OEM Trailmax tire with D607s. I have put about 6k on them since putting them on in  May.  They handle very well on pavement and not too bad on dirt roads and trails when dropped to about 23psi.  While we are at it, I am taking the 95  :lol:  to Prudoe Bay and back next year and am also looking for tire input
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

britboy

I've run the Metzler Tourance tires on mine since new.
Have yet to let me down.

Dr. Mordo

People love the Tourance and the Michelin Anakee is supposedly even better but with slightly lower milage.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger