News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

got a tiger today

Started by doc, November 04, 2007, 02:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingpackman

Quote from: "doc"
Quote from: "flyingpackman"
Quote from: "doc"hi, sold my klr and picked up a 06 tiger with 9000 km. huge difference in power. i wanted a better highway bike and think i found it! to bad it's gonna snow tonight. great site. :D
chris

Doc,

I've been having some of the same thoughts.  I ride my KLR almost exclusively on the road.  After you ride it a while give me your thoughts on if you still think you made the right decision.  

Thanks
hi packman, i remember you from klr.net, first time on the highway today and the tiger is real smooth at 150 km. with power to spare. i like the klr but like you i went off road only a few times. i like the long runs on the pavement with the choice to hit a dirt road here and there. all day rides on the tiger should be no problem, really nice and wide seat, no vibes, good wind protection, think i wanna go for another ride.
cheers, doc

Doc,

Thanks, I've been lurking over here for a couple of years.  Some days I want to get rid of the KLR and get a tiger and some days I'm happy I bought it.  I keep an eye on the papers, craigslist and ebay for a good used Tiger, but I haven't seen many.   If the right one comes along I think I'll also make the switch.  Good luck with your new ride.
LP

Chad M

Pac-man, if it helps any, I sold my KLR last year and bought an '05 Tiger.  It's quite simply the best bike I've ever owned, my old GS included!  I do miss the KLR for trail rides, but I don't miss it one iota on the dirt and gravel roads.  I'm putting together another thumper for the single track as I don't relish the idea of dropping my dear Tiger.  I don't think you could go wrong with a Tiger purchase, it seems to be a common progression... don't fight it.

C.

TigerTrax

Hey Pacman...
I thought you already have a Tiger....

Get it on man....

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

flyingpackman

Twice I almost bought one, but backed out.  I've got over 12,000 miles on my 05 KLR.  Almost all of the miles are back and forth to work.  Only a few hundred of the miles are off the pavement and then it's only been on dirt roads.  This summer I took a trip on the KLR to a conference that was about 600 miles away.  Up to that point I had decided to just keep the KLR and drive it into the ground.  But now I realize that the KLR is a killer on the highway for long stretches.  Maybe young guys can go long distances on a KLR, when you get over 40 you start to think that the comfort may be worth the price.   Anyway, I started looking again for an 01-05 and decided to come back over here and lurk a bit more.  Thanks
LP

TigerTrax

Gotcha...
Let me put it to rest for you:
1. Last year my buddy ('05 Tiger) and I ('06 Tiger ) rode from North Georgia to Nebraska ( 1147 miles ) in one shot!  No problem.

2. A year ago my wife ( pillion ) rode with me to the Tiger Ride-In at Durango. We put 2500 miles 2 up. Across the Plains to Estes 45° & rain for one solid day; Up over Trail Ridge Rd thru Grand Lake & down to Glenwood Springs; Next day we headed South to someplace, Silverton, Red Mountain, and some other passes ... fully loaded we took those hairpins in 4th gear as slow as 10 mph.... Tiger didn't hiccup!
3. On the way home we rode thru sleet, rain, snow and ice around WolfCreek Pass. Winds were ferocious. Tiger never let me down.

Good ol Gerbings and sealSkynz socks.

Tiger will also go off road for you.... depending on your guts and skill.
Just stay off the slick pine needles and loose rock on a canter.

There are plenty of Tigers available at great buys.
Get one... Join us in West Virginia in June '08!!!

Trax

zombie

hey tiger trax
what are the dates for the east coast ride in next year?
I'm determined to make one of these things in 08

TigerTrax

No date set... Thought it would be done by now.... many m/c events make these things tougher every year.

It will be held in West VA.

Trax