News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Better safe than sorry...

Started by pit0rz, November 17, 2007, 01:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pit0rz

I'm about to tear into the Tiger for the first time to install some stuff.  I don't have a service manual (yet) so I'm just checking to see if there are any secrets I need to know about.  I'll be removing the dash panel to install some heated grips and another powerlet socket.  Anything out of the ordinary I need to know? :?:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Bixxer Bob

I discovered, when reading my manual, that when you fit crash bars for instance,  there's a specific order to tighten the engine mounting bolts afterwards.  Hope that helps  :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

noivson

Heated grips:
 Fine piece of wire to run thru the bars. fish the wires back. Holes in bars are just large enough. Cowling comes off. not the dash. Exposes most of the wiring, piece of cake after the first time.
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

pit0rz

Thanks!  Just the kinda info I was looking for.  Grips aren't here yet but they will be soon and I want to get them on asap.  My digits are freezin!
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

blacktiger

Quote from: "noivson"Heated grips:
 Fine piece of wire to run thru the bars. fish the wires back. Holes in bars are just large enough. Cowling comes off. not the dash. Exposes most of the wiring, piece of cake after the first time.

There is a dedicated socket for the heated grips behind the fairing. It's a 3 pin sort of thing supplied by the ignition switch. i.e. it turns off when you turn the ignition off.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

abruzzi

Quote from: "blacktiger"There is a dedicated socket for the heated grips behind the fairing. It's a 3 pin sort of thing supplied by the ignition switch. i.e. it turns off when you turn the ignition off.

I'd love to know if anyone has a source or part number for the grip side plug that attaches to it.  Not cold enough down here for heated grips, but I would like to add some electric do-dads without hacking into the wiring.

Geof

blacktiger

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "blacktiger"There is a dedicated socket for the heated grips behind the fairing. It's a 3 pin sort of thing supplied by the ignition switch. i.e. it turns off when you turn the ignition off.

I'd love to know if anyone has a source or part number for the grip side plug that attaches to it.  Not cold enough down here for heated grips, but I would like to add some electric do-dads without hacking into the wiring.

Geof

You could just splice into the wiring behind the plug.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.