News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In West Virginia June 19-22 2008

Started by TigerTrax, December 05, 2007, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

8) The 2008 Eastern Ride In will be in West Virginia at Blackwater Falls State Park Thurs -Sunday  June 19-22.  

It is in Davis, West Va not far from Canaan Valley just 10 miles or so North. It is closer to restaurants and  less than a mile from Blackwater Falls Brew Pub  :lol:  . It has a Lodge, Cabins and a 65 site campground.  

:arrow: Reservations can be made by mail in Mid Feb and by phone March 1st. The first 20 sites can be reserved at the campground and the rest is first come first serve.   Cabin rentals are 4 day. There is a restaurant Picnic area 2 pavilions.  

The phone number is 1-800-225-5982

Visit The Website: www.blackwaterfalls.com

Here is an opportunity for Eastern Tiger Riders to Show their numbers.

I've always figured we could easily get 100 Tigers .... but so far that hasn't happened .... how about 2008 in West Virginia?

Mark your calendar to REMIND you in FEB - MARCH - APRIL - MAY

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

BykBoy

Quote from: "TigerTrax"8) The 2008 Eastern Ride In will be in West Virginia at Blackwater Falls State Park Thurs -Sunday  June 19-22.  

It is in Davis, West Va not far from Canaan Valley just 10 miles or so North. It is closer to restaurants and  less than a mile from Blackwater Falls Brew Pub  :lol:  . It has a Lodge, Cabins and a 65 site campground.  

:arrow: Reservations can be made by mail in Mid Feb and by phone March 1st. The first 20 sites can be reserved at the campground and the rest is first come first serve.   Cabin rentals are 4 day. There is a restaurant Picnic area 2 pavilions.  

The phone number is 1-800-225-5982

Visit The Website: www.blackwaterfalls.com

Here is an opportunity for Eastern Tiger Riders to Show their numbers.

I've always figured we could easily get 100 Tigers .... but so far that hasn't happened .... how about 2008 in West Virginia?

Mark your calendar to REMIND you in FEB - MARCH - APRIL - MAY

TigerTrax

I'm out... :cry:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

TigerTrax

Thanks Byky... I look forward to meeting you!

I know of 20 that are coming....
we need 80 more!

No sweat, eh !

wvmike

In.Sounds like a good time.Look forward to meeting other owner,riders
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

frzy

put me on the list. I'm going to try like hell to make this event.

TigerTrax

Just a NOTE:

I plan on leaving Omaha; My buddy will be coming from the races
at Elhardt, and we'll be stopping in Pickerington, OH and visit the AMA
Motorcycle Museum the day before the Ride-In begins.

Let's get a herd-o-Tigers at the museum and roll into West Virginny.

paulie

Quote from: "frzy"put me on the list. I'm going to try like hell to make this event.

frzy, if i decide to go, i'll look you up.. would be cool to get a little north- midwest contingent to ride down together!  8)

i've got it posted on my calendar, with a reminder for march 1st to make reservations. i will force myself to make a decision on this by that first week in march.

hey tigertrax... if we arent fortunate enough to score reservations, OR get there for the first-come-first-serve camping sites, is there another campground nearby or within a reasonable distance?
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

frzy

paulie - sounds good.

TigerTrax - If I go I think I can make it to the AMA
Motorcycle Museum the day before the Ride-In begins.

abruzzi

Damn.  That's not far from where I grew up (Elkins). I'd sure like to get there, but I'll have to see for now.

Geof

TigerTrax

Hey guys...
We've always managed to find a place for whoever shows up.
Mother Earth always has room for one more.

They guys with problems may  be those who don't camp.

We are expecting a lot of riders.

Trax

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Hey guys...
We've always managed to find a place for whoever shows up.

Trax
yes you do thanks for the room this past summer in PA

RT

Think you may have a group coming up from Florida.   Know a couple guys in our RAT are planning on making the trip.   I hope to make it but won't know for sure for a couple of months.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

TigerTrax

Hey Guys... follow the link for more info:

http://www.nittanyroadriders.com/2008/TRI-WV08.htm

Also....
we do have a message board for the ride-in events.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_tiger_ride_ins/
( we will be making a change in the poster soon )

Trax

TigerTrax

Here's a nice little  

TIGER Ride-In   VIDEO!!

paulie

Well, I'm pretty much a lock for this! I just put in for the time off.

My girlfriend may be riding down there with me two up. Not 100% on that yet though :twisted:

Will be great to see all the Tigers, and meet fellow riders! Might I get the prize for youngest? (I'm 27)

Anyone from WI/MN/IL area want to make a group ride of it? frzy?

So, Live.com maps say a little over 10hrs. from Madison, Google maps says a little over 12 hrs. Both systems gave me different routes: Google gave me a nothern route thru Cleveland, Live.com gave me southern route through Dayton, OH. Either way, might be able to make it down during daylight if I leave early enough.. 5 or 6 am?   *yawn*  Otherwise, a night's stay may be in order on the way. Can anyone suggest a better route?
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650