News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In West Virginia June 19-22 2008

Started by TigerTrax, December 05, 2007, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatalotapeaches

Jerry,

Do you have any tentative plans/ideas for Tiger ride-ins the rest of the year?  Or do you wait until after the first event to start that ball?  Just wondering if Jasper will be a regular, with one more additional further west? If Jasper is a regular location I will shoot for it also, as I really enjoyed last years meet.    Just dreaming of mores rides.   :lol:
2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k

TigerTrax

Jasper, AR   Tiger Ride-In is   Oct 2-4 2008

Glad you had a good time.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

droopydawg

I would certainly like a flyer.  I will post it up at Atlanta Triumph Ducati on my next visit on 5/2.
New to this Ride-In thing.  What exactly is it and what do people do at it.  Drink, throw-up, repeat?
I dont have any real long trips planned this year, so that one sounds somthing to stretch my legs a little.

TigerTrax

The Tiger Ride-In is just a 'gathering' of Fat Katz!
Over the years our reputation is one of 'reserve good time'.
We have a great group of folks who attend these things.
I guarantee you will enjoy it.

Trax

John Stenhouse

Other plans for this year but I will keep an eye on the planned events for other years and will make a trip around one of these events I promise. I want to see a load of Tigers together! Sounds Awesome
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

thx1158

I rode down on Sunday to the Lodge. Man...great site for a ride in! The roads were tight, winding and with lots of elevation changes. The road surface varied, but no problems for our cats. The folks at the Lodge were very nice. They took the time to show my wife and I around. I look forward to seeing you all down there in June!

Bob
RWW

06 Tiger

jays58

:D Confirmed - I'll be there!  I've owned my '02 Girly for < 2 weeks.  Can't wait to get a look at all the Tigers together to get lots of farkling ideas.  I love riding in WV - looking forward to it!  ---J
\'02 Tiger 955i
\'01 Sherco 2.0
\'74 Yamaha TY250

eldiii

The Long and Winding Road

On my way home to PA yesterday (I work in the Metro DC Area), I took a very large detour, and rode to Davis, WV.  Not bore anyone with the details of scenic Virgina but just West of Staunton, VA is RT 250...........this road beats the Dragon hands down!

Anyone coming North for the Ride-In via I 95 or I 81, I highly recommend this road.........however, just like the Dragon, I'm sure it can bite if one gets over confidant!  Unlike the Dragon, with Cops everywhere and a short length, this road's curves go on and on.  After about an hour and little less than 100 miles I was tired and looking forward to a semi straight road.  Overall, for a commute ride home of 393 miles in 7:23 hours might seem lame but some of those off camber twisties (up hill) garner a lot of respect.  

If there is any interest, maybe we make a day trip of it.

eldiii

Yukon

Quotebut just West of Staunton, VA is RT 250...........this road beats the Dragon hands down!  

Ed, I agree.  I first stumbled onto 250 more than 20 years ago coming back from the BRP.  I used it again last September when heading to North Carolina.  It really has not changed much in those 20 years.  Traffic is very sparse and I've never encountered any law enforcement.  It's a good idea to fill up in Staunton because gas stations are very limited.

wvmike

250 is a great road from staunton North.Kay and I go thru Seneca then cross over hitting 220 to Monterey.There is a cool old 3 story restored motel in Monterey that we have stayed in.Lotta good ridin in those eastern hills :lol:

Riding Around Davis, WV

Kaylr (wifey) and I will be attending the Ride in in Davis this year.If anyone wants to get off the pavement and do some backroads we will be riding thru Spruce knob,Seneca rocks,and Dolly Sods. These are gravel/dirt roads and cars travel them.They will be dusty.These roads can be ridden with a tire with good tread.Just requires a little airing down to get the roll out of them.I have ridden these roads with tourances and they did great.I run tkc 80s all of the time now 'cause my wife says I don't know how to turn around :roll: We will be staying at the http://brightmorninginn.com/ .Look me up if ya feel like goin along.Beginners welcome.It is a very scenic area and the back country is beautiful to ride thru.Here are a few pics of the roads we will be traveling.Kay will be riding her strom with tourances on this route

Dolly Sods

Spruce Knob

Random shots

Then if anyone wants to go a little further

any questions,just shoot me a pm.
Lookin forward to meetin everyone

Mike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

Mechanoligist

It looks like I am going to be able to make again this year. Wellsboro was a blast!! Let me know if the gang from up this way wants some company on the way down.

05BRG
Scott :)
Just along for the ride

TigerTrax

Time is movin fast...
the kick-off for the 6th year of Tiger Ride-In events is June 19-22 in
Davis, WV   Balck Water Falls.....
http://www.NittanyRoadRiders.com/2008/TRI-WV08.htm

For you West/MidWesterners:
4 riders meeting in Pickerington, Ohio   June 18th/ Spend the night;
Leave early June 19 for the event.

Pop me a note if you want to meet up in Pickerington.
** SE  Columbus, OH; Take I-70 East to  I-270 SOUTH/EAST to I-70 EAST; EXIT 112; SOUTH on Rt 256.

Ridergroup at cox dot net

paulie

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Time is movin fast...

Holy crapo, have you got that right!

I just put in for the 18th off, to see if I can come meet up (I was initially planning on riding down on the 19th), so we'll see! Would definitely be better to have that extra time anyway.. Kinda felt like leaving the 19th would rush me.. Who knows.

I haven't gotten a campsite yet.. At this stage of the game, should I bother?

EDIT: Hey HappyMan, we're sort of in the same neck of the woods, so to speak.. You coming to this event this year?
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

TigerTrax

I'll bet there are still campsites..... but we always find a place!

Mustang

I know a couple of Black Steamers that are going to be pulling into Davis around dinner time the 19th ....... :wink: