News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In West Virginia June 19-22 2008

Started by TigerTrax, December 05, 2007, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frzy

I've got the time off requested already and I'm pretty sure I'm getting it approved. We'll have to meet to discuss a plan over the next few months.

See if you can make it to Team Triumphs open house http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/events.htm

paulie

nice, i added that event to my calendar. see you there? would probably be a good meetup spot, and we could chat about it.

seeing that page reminded me i'm also planning on doing my first crud run this year too :)
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

frzy

Quote from: "paulie"nice, i added that event to my calendar. see you there? would probably be a good meetup spot, and we could chat about it.

seeing that page reminded me i'm also planning on doing my first crud run this year too :)

crud run is always a great time. I'll be there as usual.

zombie

It looks like I'm going to make one of these things finally

TigerTrax

We're waitin for ya!

I know Ken & Laura from NH will be there.... we could use a
'blue-blood' contingent .... the southern boys will try to take over the place! And MidWesterners will just keep on eating!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Yep
Laura put in for the time off for the ride -in and if she gets denied we are going anyway , gotta love sick days ! :wings

paulie

Quote from: "TigerTrax"And MidWesterners will just keep on eating!

hey, i resemble that remark!  :lol:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

zombie

Quote from: "Mustang"Yep
Laura put in for the time off for the ride -in and if she gets denied we are going anyway , gotta love sick days ! :wings

let me know when yer heading down and if it's okay we could mosey down together

Mustang

Quote from: "zombie"
Quote from: "Mustang"Yep

let me know when yer heading down and if it's okay we could mosey down together
will do . I'm going to make some reservations at a hotel somewhere near there . The boss said no camping "I want a warm comfy bed " , and when the boss is happy everybody's happy :lol: When the time gets nearer will let you know what our final plans are . ie. departure date etc .

wvmike

Hi Everyone. I live a short ride from this area and it is a treat to ride in.Many,many miles of what ever you like to ride. As soon as the weather breaks I plan on riding over and gathering up some address's and phone numbers of some of the smaller places to stay that aren't advertised as much.There are a few small B&Bs in the area as well as some older larger houses that have been turned into sleeping rooms/bunkhouse type.There are lots of primitive/not so primitive areas to camp.I will try and gather all this up and get to eldiii as soon as I'm able and he will post up for everyone.Can't wait to meet/see all these Tigers in one local.Should be a little something eh!

Mike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

eldiii

Hey Guys, I went through Davis, WV today on my way home (from DC) and should have more lodging info soon.  In short though, The State Park Lodge has from outside appearances a cleaner look than the local motels.  The rides will be similar to what we did at Wellsboro (PA) last year.  WVMike is a hard core off roader with his Tiger and promises anyone with knobbies you will be a "mountineer" by the end of the weekend.  For the rest, lots of paved two lane sweepers and woop de dos.  vwmike also knows of free (primitive) camping spots close by.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon,

eldiii

TigerTrax

Just a note on the Eastern Tiger Ride-In:

I started these Tiger Ride-Ins 6 years ago. At that time we had one per year and it was in MO, then in Arkansas.

Then I decided to have an Eastern Ride-In because a bunch of riders from FL, NC, GA, TN, had been making long rides each year to the Midwest. So why not make life easier on them and start one closer to home.

I learned.... sitting here in Nebraska was not a good place to plan things for other areas of the country. So I solicit folks in different areas to put the package together in THEIR area. Believe me.... it's best for everyone.

I know Ed Dreikorn is super enthusiastic about these events and he will do a great job. I don't know WV Mike.... but he's doing what he can to make it a memorable event.

So guys.... plan on attending, tell your friends, I'll pop a flyer to you if you will hand deliver it to your dealer. We have an opportunity to get a BUNCH of Tiger at this event.

Finally, the very BEST thank you that we get from these events are,
" This was really nice. Relaxed. Great people. Great Time."  That makes it as good as it gets.

I'll see you in Davis in June!

TigerTrax     ridergroup at cox.net

Stretch

I surely do appreciate you fellers going to such lengths to make these Ride-Ins happen.

Unfortunately (for me), I have already made reservations for a fambly vacation then, but perhaps I'll get to a Ride-In before too long.

Thanks again.

HappyMan

Ditto on that.  I'm really looking forward to being able to meet up at one of these ride ins and really appreciate those that put them on for us to enjoy.  I've only had my Tiger for a few months and I'd say I've found the best group of riders in the country.  Looking forward to many more years of meeting as many of you as possible.  :icon_salut
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TigerTrax

RIDE-IN UPDATE .......RIDE-IN UPDATE .......RIDE-IN UPDATE .......
 :wav

Here is the link if by chance you have not seen it plastered on just about ever ADV or Tiger related web site.  

http://www.nittanyroadriders.com/2008/TRI-WV08.htm

One Adam 12 ..... See the MAN..See the MAN.. :icon_salut