News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Transfer of Warranty

Started by McGuiver, December 13, 2007, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuiver

Most of you probably know this, but I was happy to find out that the used 06 that I just bought from a private individual has the remainder of the factory warranty (till june 09) that transfers over to me!! He bought it on 6-07, and I'm getting a year and a half factory warranty! That was a nice suprise! :lol:  :D
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

Stretch

It'll come in handy when your front rotors warp.  Ask me how I know.   :roll:

:mrgreen:

McGuiver

I've heard that about these bikes! Did they get it sorted out by 06, and if not, at what mile point, might I expect it to happen with a rather "aggressive" riding style? :lol:  Are the replacement rotors any better that the originals? :?:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

Stretch

It was a batch of rotors that weren't heat-treated properly, having been mixed in with the supply of good rotors.  It's like Forrest's box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get.

One or both of mine warped, the warranteed replacements are good to go.

alf885

My '06 has 5,000 miles on it with the balance of warranty expiring July 08. At what mileage have others discovered warped discs. I don't believe mine has warped discs but I'm curious if there is a danger point at which I should look for signs. It's 6,000 service will be due before the warrranty expires, knee op. recovery willing, so I can get them examined then if need be. Any clues? alf

Stretch

If your bike doesn't try to jump out of your hands when you hit the front brakes at highway speed, you're good.

HappyMan

This is something I'm concerned about with my impending purchase this Saturday.  I'm getting an 06 with under 3K on it.  The transferable warranty ends in April.   With winter as it is now I'm not sure I'll get enough riding on it to verify if it has a problem.  Do you think it will have warped rotors at 3K?  I'm not sure what the extended warranty will cost me and I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to get it or just pay for new rotors when or if it happens.  It's a gamble I'm playing with in my head.  I'd be happy to hear opinions.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Stretch

If the rotors are bad, the symptoms would have manifested themselves by now.  If it did okay on your test-ride, you're probably fine.

HappyMan

Great news.  Thanks!

alf885

Quote from: "Stretch"If your bike doesn't try to jump out of your hands when you hit the front brakes at highway speed, you're good.

It doesn't so no worries. Unlike my wallet which does everytime I look at the acccessories catalogue! Thanks Stretch, alf.

HappyMan

Quote from: "alf885"
Quote from: "Stretch"If your bike doesn't try to jump out of your hands when you hit the front brakes at highway speed, you're good.

...... Unlike my wallet which does everytime I look at the acccessories catalogue! Thanks Stretch, alf.

Aint that the truth!!