News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Poser No More!!

Started by HappyMan, December 15, 2007, 10:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMan

Blue was really pretty in pictures.  Black is sexy but hard to keep clean.  Not only is Silver faster but it's by far the best looking in person....and it looks good dirty!  Of course I haven't gotten my dirty yet.... :oops:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

fano

But, everyone has a Silver.  :roll:     Pic from Kamiah ride in. Thank god for some colored ones.   :mrgreen:  

HappyMan

Quote from: "fano"But, everyone has a Silver.  :roll:     Pic from Kamiah ride in. Thank god for some colored ones.   :mrgreen:  

I agree.  While I'm still glad to have Silver it's nice to have some color!

Advwannabe

Judging by that sample, silver is pretty popular Happy!

Hey Fano, whats that funny looking Tiger with the odd squint in the middle?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

TriumphTengu

Looks great!
 But you better put the snow chains on..... :lol:
Are We Having Fun Yet?

ThreePutt

To confess, my first Tiger was an orange 05.  I LOVED the color, but I traded it for my 05 RT.  As it turned out, I missed the Tiger so much that when I came across a low miles, silver 03, in great shape, I couldn't pass it up.

Suddenly, silver became the fastest color   :D
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

HappyMan

Kind of looks like my garage right now since my RT still sits next to my new Tiger.  Nice pair!!!

ThreePutt

Quote from: "HappyMan"Kind of looks like my garage right now since my RT still sits next to my new Tiger.  Nice pair!!!

Do you plan on selling the RT? I've found that I ride both.  The Tiger is for buzzing around town and the RT for the road. I can't ride the Tiger for more than an hour at speeds over 60mph. It beats the crap out of me. I've tried all kinds of screens. The sport screen is on there now, but I may order the biggest "barn door" Cee Baily's makes and try it.

Enjoy the new ride!
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

HappyMan

Quote from: "Chyron"
Quote from: "HappyMan"Kind of looks like my garage right now since my RT still sits next to my new Tiger.  Nice pair!!!

Do you plan on selling the RT? I've found that I ride both.  The Tiger is for buzzing around town and the RT for the road. I can't ride the Tiger for more than an hour at speeds over 60mph. It beats the crap out of me. I've tried all kinds of screens. The sport screen is on there now, but I may order the biggest "barn door" Cee Baily's makes and try it.

Enjoy the new ride!

Yes, the RT is sold.  I'm used to flying around on my DR without any wind protection so that doesn't bother me at all.  I needed a good bike for two up trips that could take me down the back roads and the RT got too beat up doing that.  Yes, I gave up a lot of great stuff but I also gained a lot of great but different things with the Tiger.  The RT was an awesome bike that never gave me a single problem.  I'm looking forward to a few years on the Tiger.  Who knows, I may never get rid of this one.  Tigger really speaks to me!!

ThreePutt

Everyone is different, but the Tiger beats on me more than any bike I've ever had. I don't know if it's the wind coming around the small fairing or the wind hitting the tank and coming up my legs or both. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike, but the buffeting prevents me from taking any long trips on it. My head gets bounced around so much that I can't read road signs.

Conversely, my wife loves riding on the back and hates the buffeting see gets on the back of the RT.  Therefore, we have a problem  :D
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

HappyMan

My wife hated the buffeting from the RT on the back as well.  

I am putting an MRA Vario screen on the bike as well as widening the mirrors.  The Vario get's very good reviews on getting rid of the buffeting, smooting out the airflow.  I don't mind getting hit with wind but you do need to smooth it out.  From what I've read I don't think I'll have a problem.  The mirrors cause a lot of problems with this bike so widening them helps as I've been told.  I will also be using tank panniers which will help to keep some of the elements off my legs and increase my storage capacity as I lost quite a bit going from the RT to the Tiger.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how all this has worked since I can't ride in the amount of snow I have right now.  However, I have been able to do the above things to my DR and it's worked great and all my research on these things for the Tiger says it will do a great job.

The RT has better wind protection than any bike out there so if you like what the RT does it's pretty hard to get away from it.  I don't mind the wind as long as it's smooth.

ThreePutt

I had the Vario and wide mirrors on my 05.  The combo did help, a little. I think the thing that helps the most is a tail wind. A strong head wind is pretty rough.

Tank panniers could help.  Keep us posted on how it works out.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

HappyMan

A lot of it can depend on your height as well.  Fortunately, I'm not overly tall at 5'9".  (probably closer to 5'8").

As soon as I can get out I'll let you know but it looks like we've got a real winter this year.  It's probably going to be April......yuck!

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Chyron"Tank panniers could help.  

I've found tank panniers to be helpful on long rides. I'm 6'4" and run a chopped stock screen and mirror wideners I had the boys at school turn for me. The Corbin made a difference too.

Bruin'
Bruin\'

HappyMan

I learned about how helpful tank panniers can be from Greg Frazier's books.  He's a hoot of a read if you ever get the chance.  The latest book I'm reading from him is:
"Motorcycle sex, or, Freud would never understand the relationship between me and my motorcycle".