News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

honda veradero 1000

Started by aeronca, December 27, 2007, 04:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

hey brothers, what do you think of the new 2008 honda veradero 1000? looks nice, reminds me of the vstrom, but looking at it, it also reminds me alot of the new tiger. i bet the new tiger can not only keep up with the tried and true honda, but walk all over the vstrom while its doing it. ( the honda is nice though :oops: )
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

blacktiger

2008 Veradero looks exactly the same as the Veradero from the previous 5 years or so. :?  :?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

abruzzi

do you mean this:

Looks a bit like an unholy union between a vstrom and a KTM 990 Adventure.  It has never come to the US, so it's kind of new to us.  Are they planning on bringing it to the US?

Geof

CBAT

It'll be in Canada in '08. Already in Mexico. At least they put a decent metal guard under the motor. The headlight is hideous though. I'll wait for the release of the tiger cub. ;-)
Bruce

bjorn toulouse

Quote from: "aeronca"hey brothers, what do you think of the new 2008 honda veradero 1000?  

Let's see, it's ugly, has linked brakes, weighs as much as a small SUV, has relatively low power and it's funny looking.

I think I'll keep my Tiger 1050.

Rex
In Dog We Truck
When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro!

zopilote

Quote from: "CBAT"At least they put a decent metal guard under the motor.

I would be VERY surprised if it isnĀ“t silver painted plastic  :(
The Varadero has a decent engine though, but extremely thirsty at inspired riding. I have been considering one of those a while ago, but never bought any.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "bjorn toulouse"
Quote from: "aeronca"hey brothers, what do you think of the new 2008 honda veradero 1000?  

Let's see, it's ugly, has linked brakes, weighs as much as a small SUV, has relatively low power and it's funny looking.

I think I'll keep my Tiger 1050.

Rex

Not one of the greats,but 'Lower Power' they ain't,there isn't a big Trailie,Adv what ever you want to call e'm that will out run one in a straight line,and i'm speaking from experience,i go to the Le-Mans 24 hour bike race in april every year,i bumped into two french guys on one a couple of years ago,it was interesting :wink:

I had high hopes haveing had two 750 Africa Twins in the 90's,i waited for the Varadero,and when i saw it in the flesh bought a Tiger.

Jacqueslemac

I had a test ride on a Varadero a few months ago. It felt very top-heavy. The engine doesn't rev like a Tiger, but has plenty of low-down grunt.

I'd just bought my Tiger before I had the test ride and I was glad I'd made the decision I had.

Advwannabe

I had a ride on an '01 model in Carnarvon a few years back. Comfy, great motor, less buffeting from the standard screen than Tigger, but tippy and nervous on the gravel. Weight was 220kg (?), heavier than a Girly and you feel every kilo in slippery conditions. My impressions may be out of date but the new one doesn't look a lot different

Oh yes, I don't think the one I rode had linked brakes, but what a dumb idea on an all-roads bike anyway!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

blacktiger

Quote from: "blacktiger"2008 Veradero looks exactly the same as the Veradero from the previous 5 years or so. :?  :?

Sorry I didn't know you didn't get it across the pond. It so big, heavy thirsty and ugly I thought it must be MADE in the USA. :wink:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

Nah, chrome and black isn't even available on the 'Dero.

abruzzi

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "blacktiger"2008 Veradero looks exactly the same as the Veradero from the previous 5 years or so. :?  :?

Sorry I didn't know you didn't get it across the pond. It so big, heavy thirsty and ugly I thought it must be MADE in the USA. :wink:

:D