News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm here!

Started by ridin gaijin, January 08, 2008, 01:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Well, today my apartment got broken into. They took my laptop, my cell phone and a really good watch my dad gave me 20 yrs ago. All was insured...but still. Jeez.

So I'm going to move, obviously. Right now I'm at the Apple store in ABQ...going through my bookmarked Yahoo pages and changing ALL my passwords.

Had hoped for a better way to spend Friday night, but there you go. {sigh}

However, on the 15th I start a contract project management gig for the local utility company. The money's decent and the position should last at least a couple of months. So, that's good. Right? Right!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

JetdocX

That sucks, dude.   :evil:
From parts unknown.

John Stenhouse

That really is the pits, sorry to hear that.

Lucky that I live in a little village where we STILL leave the keys in the car and so far(he says touching wood) nothing happens
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

ridin gaijin

Thanks Jetdoc. It is only stuff, but still. Not having the computer is the toughest part...it was my radio, my movie player, my game machine, my internet tool. Eh. It could've been worse.

John S.--yeah, sometimes 'nothing' is the best thing that can happen on a Friday night, huh...?

oldrider

Just got back into my computer, wondered how things were going here!

Well, ridin gaijin, you may have a troubled life currently but life is far from boring for you!

Just over a month since your last post, I guess that is because you don't have a computer at the moment.

I'm looking forward to hearing how things have been going for you.

I hope all is well with your kids.    Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

ridin gaijin

Eh, John, thanks for the kind words. These days the only thing that's improving for me is my physical fitness, and that's just because I take out my frustrations at the gym...the project mgr position I was promised at the utility co. didn't come through when the hiring manager took a powder. I'm interviewing a lot--three callbacks in the past week--but nothing's coming through yet. Money's very tight now and I need to get something part-time and close to home...meanwhile, worst of all, the ex-wife's business has failed and she's said that unless she can find a job in the next 3 weeks, she's going back to her folks in Virginia...and taking the kids. {sheeesh} Of course I'd go too...even though it means starting the job mess all over again, and worse still, the loss of all my friends here in Albuquerque. {sigh} With me, generally, no news is bad news--! Sorry.

Sisu...sisu...sisu...