News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

complete cockpit and fairing removal

Started by boocat, January 09, 2008, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boocat

I am strongly considering removing the cockpit (all the clocks and lights etc) and fairing and replacing is with streetfighter double lights and cowl. i guesss all the electics use conecctors for easy removal but i'll have to retain the fuses and important wiring for main headlights and stuff them somewhere else, such as behind the cowl... oh and move the overflow botttle somewhere . the fairing subframe can then be unbolted and new lights put on. Has anyone else undertaken such an operation?

Winter is a dangerous time for the bored.

B

HappyMan

Quote from: "boocat"Winter is a dangerous time for the bored.

B

You said a mouthful!

I'd like to see some pics if you pull this off.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

blacktiger

I think you need to trade in for a Speed Triple. Much easier.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"I think you need to trade in for a Speed Triple. Much easier.

Agreed!!

First time I took my cowl off  (funny how the first time you do something new it seems a big job but before you know it, you are doing it in just a few minutes and it's really no big deal) I was surprised at how much Triumph had crammed in under there.  I can't see how y'd hide all of that and do a tidy job so I'd be interested in the results.  Not that I'm gonna do it,  just interested, that's all.  :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...