News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touring Scotland - Suggestions please

Started by tcbezza, January 15, 2008, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcbezza

After 3 weeks in Spain and France last year I have to draw my scope in a little for 08 so I can build up some good marks with SHMBO ready for next year. As a result I am starting to plan a short tour of Scotland for June / July time as it has been on the list of places to visit for ages.

My outline route is through the centre going up and then coming back down the West Coast as much as can be comfortably fitted in a week. I was wondering if anybody here has any suggestions for good hotels that are biker friendly that might fit in with this idea.

It sounds strange but on the continent hotels never seem to care if you turn up after a day in the saddle wet through, in the UK I have had some not to friendly receptions from some places.

Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

n4naked

hi,

i'm new to biking but this link is to a member of a yamaha forum (of which i'm also a member) and he's planned a couple of runs for an upcoming weekend.
follow the links for the "jock run 2008".

http://web.mac.com/gordonkbickerton/Sit ... _2008.html

also, fort william is a good place as a base for seeing various parts of scotland so this may be of interest:

http://www.woodsidefortwilliam.co.uk/bikers.htm

cheers,

willie

tcbezza

Willie,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will follow up to see whats around.
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

Groucho

Quote from: "tcbezza"It sounds strange but on the continent hotels never seem to care if you turn up after a day in the saddle wet through, in the UK I have had some not to friendly receptions from some places.

I rode through Scotland last july for two and a half weeks. I didn't make any experiences like yours taking B&B for accomodation. Everyone was very kind.
I liked the northern coast of Aberdeenshire, visiting Banff, Crovy, Pennan and Frazerburgh and its lighthouse museum. The nicest route was from John o' Groats to Ullapool, great landscape but very foggy that day.
Have a nice trip!
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

zombie

I'll be hitting scotland this august.
We're taking the boat from Dublin to the Bulldog Bash in staffordshire and then afterwards we're  moseying up thru Scotland and back thru Northern Ireland and then down to Dublin.
I'm taking my 1968 Tiger 650 for the trip  and my mate will be on my 66 tiger 650 chop.
I've been wanting to do the Bulldog bash ever since I did the old Kent show in 87.
Booked my tickets from Boston just today.
Is it August yet?? :D

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "zombie"We're taking the boat from Dublin to the Bulldog Bash in staffordshire

You'll be disappointed in Staffordshire  :oops:

Bulldog is at Avon Park Raceway, Long Marston nr Stratford on Avon in Warwickshire
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

zombie

well I always get lost anyhow but I knew it was in one of the shires
but I know it's in England somewhere
now I got to go look at a  bleedin' map :lol: