News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Proposed Tiger Cub

Started by diggerT, January 30, 2008, 03:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

According to this week's MCN, Triumph are greatly expanding their range over the next few years.
One of the planned bikes is a Tiger Cub 675.
What do we want on this bike? Back to more off road style or or a down sized road bike like the 1050? I reckon a Transalp/V-Strom type would be great.

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

cbxtc6

Indeed, a lighter weight, more dirt-worthy triple would get me back to the dealer!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "diggerT"According to this week's MCN, Triumph are greatly expanding their range over the next few years.
What do we want on this bike? Back to more off road style or or a down sized road bike like the 1050? I reckon a Transalp/V-Strom type would be great.

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

A Mini - Steamer !

HappyMan

Quote from: "95mustang"
Quote from: "diggerT"According to this week's MCN, Triumph are greatly expanding their range over the next few years.

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

A Mini - Steamer !

+1 on that.  A mini Steamer.  Light weight, chain, EFI but I'd be fine with carbs, spokes but tubeless and aftermarket accessories.  I plan on buying an F800GS in a couple of years.  If they come out with something vaguely similair to the 800GS I'll most likely buy it over the Beemer.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

CBAT

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

A Mini - Steamer !

A mini steamer with better suspension and lighter than the 800GS.  :thumbsup :
Bruce

wvmike

Quote from: "HappyMan"

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

A Mini - Steamer !

+1 on that.  A mini Steamer.  Light weight, chain, EFI but I'd be fine with carbs, spokes but tubeless and aftermarket accessories.  I plan on buying an F800GS in a couple of years.  If they come out with something vaguely similair to the 800GS I'll most likely buy it over the Beemer.

Tubless for sure. EFI would be fine also. Sealed airbox higher on the bike,intake up around the tank. 21'' front wheel.Nice fuel capacity for long range travel.We can only hope they are listening
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

TigerTrax

I believe it was 2 years ago Triumph stated they were planning on 2 new models per year for the next 5 years...
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

Quote from: "HappyMan"

Put me down for one!!!

DiggerT

A Mini - Steamer !

Most definitely with you on this. I wouldn't consider buying a BM though because they're getting a reputation for using their customers to do too much R&D hence the high rate of warranty claims. Also, research their new braking system which lets the front brakes off if it thinks the back tyre is lifting of the ground.
I'd probably go orange (KTM) or maybe the new Tenere if it's quick enough on the road. I'd like to stay with Triumph but if they don't make a bike which does what I need, then I'm gone.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.