News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Givi luggage on ADV Rider

Started by Stuie, February 08, 2008, 08:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBAT

Stuie,
Is your top case just an unlabled Givi case? My top is a Triumph label case. Are we talking some kind of three way deal here with TigerTrax? Me buying Stuie's and TigerTrax buying mine? Or am I just confused?
Bruce

Stuie

Now I am confused!

Bruce, my topcase does not have the triumph badge like the side cases. It's labeled Givi in the round logo area.

My box isn't OEM for an '06. So, I think TigerTrax is just putting the word out if anyone has a late model topcase for sale?? Am I correct TT??

I couldn't confirm that it would fit whatever comes on a new Tiger. I know it would fit the Givi racks on the steamers. If you have the OE Triumph Givi cases like I have... it fits yours.

Dr Mordo is buying the side cases and was unsure if someone else was getting the top case. He might want the top case too but thought someone else was wanting the top or may want yours Bruce or may just want the sides... lol

So, thread of confusion!

Dr. Mordo- My side cases and rack is a done deal. Were you wanting the top also? If not then Cbat??

Cbat and Mordo- who is getting the top case?

TT... you weren't looking to get my Givi for your bike were you?

I can't confirm if my top case fits TigerTrax bike... I just don't have the knowledge.

We can figure this out! I believe!!

CBAT

If Dr Mordo wants your top case he should get it, he was here first. After that??????? :icon_scratch

Edit: Maybe if I got Stuie's case, without OEM logo, I could sell mine, with OEM logo, to TT? :icon_scratch
Bruce

Stuie

The question is will the old Givi cases fit an '06 like TT's? We're talking the new 1050 right? Is Givi still the OEM case for the new Trumpets?

I do have an email  to Travis to come stake his claim on if he wanted to top as well. We'll know pretty soon where we stand with "the goods" for sale.

I do have two things left I need to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Chatterbox FRSX2 -new for $175
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/582032145.html

Shoei RF-1000 like new Silver XL for $190
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/582036632.html

If anyone knows anyone who wants the stuff, lemme know! Helmet's 1/2 price and CB is $125 less than retail. I paid $300 (tax incl)

That will effectively put me out of the motorcycle business... untill I freak out and buy one again! lol

CBAT

The 1050 started on '07. '06 should be the 955 Girly. I don't know about the mounting plate though. I'll check back tomorrow from work.
Bruce

Dr. Mordo

I will take the side cases/racks.

My bike came with a Givi topcase mount but no case.  So, I feel like it won't be too hard to score a case (Givis have a common mounting system, right?), and this way I'm not hogging the Givis.

This has been a very, very civil thread, and I really appreciate it.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Stuie

Cool!

Then my top case is available then! We may all get what we need. If TT's bike has Givi mounts, then it looks like everyone can score some new stuff. My non OEM case to Cbat, Cbat's OEM case (if it fits TT's rack) to TT.

Stu

TigerTrax

Just to clarify.

1.  I am looking for a Triumph top box for my '06 Tiger.

2.  I do have 2 E-45 GIVI cases available for sale. BTW
     I use one as my current top box.

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stuie

Gotcha...

So, my Givi topcase is available to Cbat. You are looking for Triumph and may need shirts for a Tiger event (Will pop you an email on that). The good Doctor has purchased the sidecases (thanks).

Cbat and Mordo.. You guys know each other? You two live close to each other.

CBAT

Now we're getting somewhere. I'm in the Austin, TX area. My current top case is the Givi LT36, all black with Triumph logo, seen in the photo on the first page of this thread. TT; do you want it?

Stuie: I'll take your plain Givi topcase. I'll send you a message later today, I'm at work, to work out details.  

It would be nice if I could swap out the locks so I could keep one key. Stuie, do you know if that's possible?
Bruce

Stuie

I don't know Bruce.

I do know that the key that goes to the top case is a little bigger that the one that goes to the sidecases. At least the red plastic part anyway. If it's any consolation I do have two keys for my cases. I guess you'll have to compare them in person to see if you can.

BTW, my case has the compartment for a third brake light if you were interested in that feature.

I'll be in an out all day so if I don't get back to you immediately... not to worry, I will.

Stu

CBAT

PM sent to Stu. TigerTrax, do you want my Triumph top case? You can see it in the photo I posted.  $100 since it's smaller.
Bruce