News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'd like to introduce myself.

Started by Tiger-G, February 16, 2008, 04:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi,

I've just joined the forum after lurking for a while, and would like to say hello to you all.

I've been riding for over 20 years, I'm a Firefighter and also a motorcycle instructor.

I'm on to my 4th Tiger. I just love them. My latest Tiger is a 2007 '955. I've got to admit I'm not a fan of what Triumph have done to their latest version of the Tiger, as I think the off road capability should have been kept, but lets not go there !

I look forward to posting in the future.

Regards,
Big G.  (Graeme)
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HappyMan

Welcome Big G.  You and Stretch should have some things to talk about being a fellow fireman.

Congrats on another Tiger.  I'd love one of the new 1050's as an additional bike.  I wouldn't give up what I've got in my 06 though.  

I look forward to hearing from you on the board.  8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

CBAT

Welcome Big G from another firefighter.  :icon_salut
Bruce

Tiger-G

I feel at home already, surrounded by so many of my "brother's"

How's things that side of the pond ?

It's all cut backs, do more with less, proactive rather than reactive over here.

But it's still the best job in the world, where else would you get to drive a 12 tonne truck through the town at 60mph ?  Now that's a buzz !   :D

Regards,
Big G.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

TigerTrax

Welcome Big G...

uh.... I once pissed on a campfire! And put it out!

Well... there were a few of us!

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

paulie

Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Advwannabe

Welcome Big G,

What's the history with your other three tiggers?

Wear 'em out traveling thousands of miles around the world?

Off road adventures?

Cheers, Russell
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Tiger-G

I started off with an 885, then another 885, then a 900, then finally I treat myself to a 955. I've been all over Europe on them, and I just can't speak highly enough of that type of bike for touring / camping / adventure.

I have only ever ridden "trail" type bikes, starting with a Yamaha DT50, then a couple of Yamaha DT125's, then a couple of Yamaha Super Tenere's, then finally 4 Tiger's. As I'm quite tall I look a bit daft on a sports bike, and I love the riding position of the taller bikes.

I still think the old Tiger (up to and including the 955) was the best of the best "big trailie" type bikes. I was really tempted this time by the BMW 1200, but just couldn't do it when it came to the crunch (LoL) !

I'm still very upset with what Triumph have done with the new Tiger, i.e. - no off road capabilites. They've left the "big trailie" market wide open for the other manufacturers,  so next time I come to buy a bike it'll have to be a BMW or something like that  :cry:

I recognise a few names on here from the "Rat" forum, hi to you all  :D

Regards,
Graeme.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Advwannabe

You sound well qualified to comment on Tiggers, G.

What's your take on the Super Tenere? I always thought they could be a good 'allroads' machine, good power, lighter than Tigger?

The main reason I'm asking is that we only had them in Oz a very short time, but now only have the Tedium (apologies to loyal owners :-)
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Tiger-G

I loved the Super Tenere. It had everything I needed - a big fuel tank for lang range, "some" off road capability, great handling, nice and tall, and it mada a great noise at a certain speed (resonating throught the airbox and tyre noise).

Then the Tiger came along and I never looked back !

What about you Russell, what's your bike history ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

blacktiger

Quote from: "Big G"But it's still the best job in the world, where else would you get to drive a 12 tonne truck through the town at 60mph ?

Welcome Big G.

I get to drive several hundred tons of train through towns at 100mph. That's the best job in the world. Well, it beats working for a living anyway.  :wink:

4th Tiger? What do you do to them?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.