News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does your Triumph side case get hot?

Started by flux, February 18, 2008, 02:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

Just curious how hot the Triumph factory bag gets that hugs the exhaust.  I have never had a bike with hard bags (I'm excited about this!) and was thinking about it tonight a little.  Thanks!

Digger3

Quote from: "flux"Just curious how hot the Triumph factory bag gets that hugs the exhaust.  I have never had a bike with hard bags (I'm excited about this!) and was thinking about it tonight a little.  Thanks!

There's plenty of air flow between the exhaust and the hardbag, there is zero issue with heat.
Rage Against Age

Advwannabe

My own experience is in Australia with our higher ambient temps.

Flux I rode about 1000ks up the NSW coast last week with my Dri-rider rain suit in the exhaust side pannier. I've been wary of the temps but forgot this time and put the plastic suit on the side closest to the exhaust. Ambient temp was @27c road temp probably a few degrees warmer. At the end of the ride the suit was warmish, but no melting anywhere.

I'd conclude there isn't a major issue here.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

oldrider

I have been stashing my plastic rain-suit in the side box against the exhaust side and riding up slow grinding mountain tracks in very hot conditions, no problems so far.

Never noticed things getting too warm in there yet.

to tell you the truth, I never even thought about it, until I read your post.

However, my wife's plastic rain suit got a hole burned in the leg, off the exhaust pipe, one stinking wet and cold night.

Lucky it is an old suit that was already torn in an "off" a few years back. (1993 to be exact)

That box doesn't really hold a lot unless you go to great lengths to pack it very carefully.

I find it a bit of a pain at times. Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

flux

Thanks for putting my mind at ease fellas.  I think about weird things before I fall asleep, what can I say?   :lol:

V.DUBBER

Quote from: "flux"Thanks for putting my mind at ease fellas.  I think about weird things before I fall asleep, what can I say?   :lol:
Think you need a dirty women!

flux

Quote from: "V.DUBBER"
Quote from: "flux"Thanks for putting my mind at ease fellas.  I think about weird things before I fall asleep, what can I say?   :lol:
Think you need a dirty women!

Me too, just don't mention that to my wife!   :hat10