News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Going for a little ride

Started by Mustang, February 28, 2008, 10:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

ohhh, you missed Emory Pass by a few miles.  Lemme fix your nm ride.  Zero interstate, a few mid sized highways, but not too many.

Geof

Mustang

please do , slabless is better . I am open to anything as I would rather follow the front wheel than a road map any way .

NortonCharlie

Let me know when you are in the area, It looks like I am a little south of your route (you are welcome to stay here if you get this far south) but I might swing up to your route and ride with you for a day or so.

Cedar Falls, IA
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Mustang

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"Let me know when you are in the area, It looks like I am a little south of your route (you are welcome to stay here if you get this far south) but I might swing up to your route and ride with you for a day or so.

Cedar Falls, IA
You're on ! :D

Stretch

I'm gonna move this one into 'Up and Coming'.

Mustang

yeah I thought after I posted it it should have been here any way !

Getting excited the steamer is all set ready to roll just have to put a new set of sneakers on her . I think I am going with the Maxxis Presa Detours and see how they do . when I get home I will probably go backwith the tourances unless the maxxis can prove otherwise .

abruzzi

Ok, here is a better route -- but still pretty direct.  I'll give a few other detours for some great senic rides.  It won't be too direct, but beautiful riding.

Click-> Direct Route

Geof

abruzzi

Here is a detour around Silver City I highly reccommend--It'll add an hour to ride (longer if you stop for pictures):

Click-> Silver City Detour

There is also a ~15 mile dead end road that goes up to the clif dwellings at the top of the detour.  It's great if you have the time.

Geof

abruzzi

Here is a detour around Cloudcroft, NM:

Click-> Cloudcroft Detour

Geof

Mustang

Thanks Geof , that route looks like just the ticket and my trip maker program actually picked some of this route but only because I made it go to cloudcroft
Time is a non issue on this trip so yeah I think I'll mosey on up to the cave dwellings , I hope 3 gb of memory cards is going to be enough for pics .
Awesome , I always liked New Mexico  :qgreenjumpers

CBAT

Quote from: "abruzzi"Here is a detour around Cloudcroft, NM:

Click-> Cloudcroft Detour

Geof

I rode this loop last August. Good stuff for sure.
Bruce

abruzzi

On the Silver City Gila side there are many semi-improved campsites if you intend to camp.  There are lodges as well.  I stayed at one recently for $40 for the night.

On the road to the CLiff Dwellings there are also the Gila Hot Springs which can be a relaxing way to rid your self of monkey butt.  

If you want dirt roads, there is a GPX file on advrider.com in the GPS forum, under the rockies sub forum that has many off road trails in the Cloudcroft area.

And of course, you are welcome to camp in my back yard in Mesilla (near Las Cruces)

Geof

Mustang

I just may take you up on the back yard camping it will depend on which way the front wheel wanders mainly but you never know good info to file away in the tank bag .

any body else got any good routes or sights to see in your backyard ?

katoomon

Looks like JetdocX already piped up for Reno.  If you happen to be going through on a Wednesday, there is a pretty good bike night at PJ's on Wells Ave.

The link below will get you the address and some additional information; it is a little weak however in details.  Over the last 2 years, I have seen many kickstart British twins (including a Vincent), retired race bikes that have been plated, retired 2-stroke race bikes that have been plated, military bikes, sidehacks, scooters, nice restorations from the 60's - 70's - 80's, daily drivers from the 90's and 00's, panheads, shovelheads, dualsports, etc.  If your'e not into looking at bikes, just drop by for a near beer.

http://www.pjandco.net/home.html

We can get you through the Sierra without slabbing I-80.  The best road, Hwy 4, probably won't be open yet.  It has 1st gear switchbacks, and is closed in the winter.  The plus side of being closed is that there is no residual sand on the road, so when the snow melts the tar is relatively clean.
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

abruzzi

When does the ride start?  Give me a ring when you come through NM--575-571-5238.

Geof