News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Going for a little ride

Started by Mustang, February 28, 2008, 10:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Ok guys in April me and my Steamer are going for a little ride .
Here's a pic of the route which is not set in stone but it is the general plan .

What I am looking for is if anyone along my route would like to put me up in their backyard for some tenting .
In other words I'm lookin for free tenting in your backyard for a night . just need a place to sleep .
Any help will be graciously accepted .
Ride report will follow after the trip
Plan on leaving the second week of april and returning back to NH maybe around the 1st of May or so .

CBAT

If you wanted to dip a little farther south while in Texas I could probably put you up for a night. Pending clearance with the Mrs. I'm just north of Austin. I can give you a good route through the norhtern Hill Country. And send you east toward LA.
Bruce

Mustang

thanks I will keep that in mind as plans finalize .

Also I would be interested in info on good camping spots along the way even if they are pay campgrounds

you guys gotta know good spots to camp along my route
again any info is graciously accepted

abruzzi

Looks like you're headed through Las Cruces, NM.  I live in Mesilla just outside LC.  You are more than welcome to camp here.  Also, if you give me a blow up of the NM portion of your route, I'll be happy to critique it, and give some suggestions.  If me and my bike are sorted by them, I'll even ride with you a ways.

Geof

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"Looks like you're headed through Las Cruces, NM.  I live in Mesilla just outside LC.  You are more than welcome to camp here.  Also, if you give me a blow up of the NM portion of your route, I'll be happy to critique it, and give some suggestions.  If me and my bike are sorted by them, I'll even ride with you a ways.

Geof
that will be great as soon s I get more finalized I will send you some info
Thanks Geof

wvmike

Here is a list of tent spaces available from the inmates over on adv

Lets you travel on the cheap and with a safe camping spot

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310941
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

JetdocX

Well, shit, Oh dear!

Looks like you are riding through my 'hood.

PM if need be but here's my cell in the PM....
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Awesome Guys
This is the kind of info I need
also welcome to road suggestions ..the twistier the better  !
I am getting excited about the trip  It's kind of like a 4 corners US tour but I am leaning more toward places I used to live growing up being an air force brat !

keep the ideas and offers coming

Stretch

SockPuppet lives in the Four Corners area.  He's a member here, but doesn't post much, mostly on ADV.

paulie

heya mustang, looks like quite a tour!

I see you're coming through my state(Wisconsin).. You should let me know more specific info when it comes time. If you'll have me, I can meet up with you for a coffee or whatever, and ride for a while!!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Mustang

love to  how's the weather supposed to be in your neck of the woods 2nd week of april ?

paulie

well, i'm still trying to bulk up my clairvoyance muscle. but i was definitely out riding late last april.

hopefully it will be nice!   :lol:

Mustang

:ImaPoser that's funny right there
the reason I ask is because NH has broken records with snowfall this year we have had over 100 inches already and another foot is forecast for tonite . It will be June before the snow is gone LOL !

paulie

hehe!

yup, WI smashed the existing record as well.. Supposed to be in the 40's this weekend, so hopefully a bunch of this crap melts. If the ice on the road in front of my house melts, i'll be takin the tigger for a little run this weekend!

seriously though, i hope its nice by April.. I got a serious case of can't-ride-itis.  :evil:

Mustang

Geof
This looks like the route thru New Mexico . But I am open to anything you have to offer as far as routes go . From what I can remember from years ago I think th ecloudcroft area was good ? yes/no