News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spring Break: CT to NM, the long way

Started by ridin gaijin, March 12, 2008, 05:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Yes, it's that time again...another cross-country boost to oil companies' profits! I am leaving New Mexico Thursday, 3/20, to fly to Connecticut and recover the Tiger. Some may remember that the road trip that brought me out here in January could not include it, by reason of towing capacity (lack thereof actually) on my teensy little yellow Ford. But now the time is right, the money is saved, and the Tiger and I shall be reunited.

After some family stuff (meh) and some wrenching on the bike with a friend (yay!), I'll set out Monday, 3/24. As always I'll be staying off the interstates and on as many scenic routes as possible. Here is the rough plan of the route:

Down through New Jersey to Cape May
    Along the coasts of Delaware, Maryland and through that big tunnely-bridge thing
    South along the Carolina coasts
    Clip through Georgia and then into central Florida (Ocala)
    Back up by Tallahassee and Pennsacola to Alabama
    Mississippi and Louisiana coasts, sticking sorta to the swamps to Texas
    Gulf Coast of Texas down to Corpus, then across and back up along Big Bend
    ...and into New Mexico from the south; Rt. 285 (etc) back here.

No idea how long it'll take or how many miles it'll be...I'm guessing 8-10 days.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Stretch

When and where are you coming through Georgia?  US 17 south, I assume?

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "Stretch"When and where are you coming through Georgia?  US 17 south, I assume?

Yes, exactly. As to the when--can't say for sure. Leave 3/24, get to maybe Delaware or MD that night, 3/25 get pretty well into the Carolinas, so maybe some point on 3/26? Not earlier, I'd think.

...17 come anywhere near your lair...?

( ?)
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

CBAT

I will be heading to Terlingua with a bunch of friends on the little dirt bikes (DRZ400s) on April 1. We have to pick up one guy in Luling so we're taking 90 through Del Rio out to Big Bend. We'll be around Terlingua through April 5. If you are there during that time window window let me know.
Bruce

Stretch

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"...17 come anywhere near your lair...?

( ?)

A couple hundred miles...