News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dawsonville, GA Tiger

Started by Jrod, March 24, 2008, 09:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrod

Whoever was riding the silver Tiger on Easter around 6 p.m. by the outlet mall I saw you.  Great looking scoot!

flux

Well, rats...I thought someone was gonna say they live in Dawsonville!   :lol:   I'm here, but mine is black.

Stretch

sanjoh

Quote from: "flux"Well, rats...I thought someone was gonna say they live in Dawsonville!   :lol:   I'm here, but mine is black.

I figured you'd have a better chance of winning the lotto than 2 tigers in Dawsonville :D
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

flux

Sanjoh, you'd be surprised how many riders live here in town.  I know I think 5 residents here who post on ADV.  Was 6 when Beemer Chef lived here.  But yeah, that's be cool to have 2 Tigers cruising around town.  

Thing about seeing a certain bike in Dawsonville is that it's usually someone from 'the city' headed to or from the mountains for the day.

sanjoh

After a few thousand miles I've come to realize the tiger is a rare bike!  I've had other riders about fall off their bike trying to figure out wtf it is!

Looking for parts is a pita as well.  Guess I'm used to the Honda, Yami, Suzi, dealer support networks.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

flux

Quote from: "sanjoh"Looking for parts is a pita as well.  Guess I'm used to the Honda, Yami, Suzi, dealer support networks.

Tell me about it!  I've been trying to find some crash bars for forever now!

Stretch

Used stuff is nigh impossible to lay your hands on, as folks either tend to hang on to the good stuff, or even if they're selling a Tiger, they'll keep the farkles on the bike to boost the asking price.

You'll probably just have to go with new parts, which are easier to find, although not with the regularity of the Japanese Big Four.

I've been quite happy with Bike Bandit... http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/o ... 292869.asp

HappyMan

Ditto on BikeBandit.  I've used them for all my bikes and have been quite pleased.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TigerTrax

USED TIGER PARTS:

Baxter Cycle    Marne, Iowa   Call them: 1-712-781-2351 Talk to Gus!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HappyMan

Quote from: "TigerTrax"USED TIGER PARTS:

Baxter Cycle    Marne, Iowa   Call them: 1-712-781-2351 Talk to Gus!

That's worth checking out.  Have you purchased a lot from them?  What kind of parts?
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com