News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TE610. Why not?

Started by JetdocX, March 24, 2008, 11:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Please discuss.  I sat on one at the dealer today.  It's a warm spring day, and bike lust is pulsing through my loins. :twisted:
From parts unknown.

pit0rz

I can't think of a reason 'why not'?  What are you waiting for man, your loins to explode?!?!? :lol:
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

flux

If I was looking now for a bike, I would have chosen the TE610 over my current LC4E.  Less shaky, slimmer, feels more like a dirt bike, and has a 6th gear.  Go for it.  Just watch that sidestand!  It'll kill ya!

JetdocX

Yeah, that sidestand is an engineering marvel. :roll:   Almost killed me in the dealership. :shock:

Nevermind, disregard this post.  I just talked to my tax guy.  My bike money either goes to the gov't or into my IRA.  I doubt I'll see any of it in the future. :cry:

Thanks.
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Side stand?  Explain..the nearest competent husky dealer is very far.  The pics do look pretty.

Geof

JetdocX

It's some silly automatic stand.  You take the weight off it and it retracts because it is spring loaded to up.  Real PITA if you are short and trying to get off the bike.  And I'm not short and it was still a PITA.

Edit:  An Aprillia 450 had the same thing on it I noticed a few months ago.
From parts unknown.

flux

Yup, I think that stand is double springed...the dealer here told me alot of guys take one spring out and that fixes it...then again, the dealer here was a turd and I don't believe a word he told me.  But as soon as you get on the bike that stand will retract.  I noticed it on the Aprilia dirtbikes this weekend as well.  Good eye!

CBAT

Quote from: "abruzzi"the nearest competent husky dealer is very far.  
Geof

This is the reason I did not look too seriously at the Huskqies. And there is a delear in my town. I've heard there are many questions about his competence. The name of the dealership keeps changing every few years. He sells  Victory too. :Topes
Bruce

abruzzi

Quote from: "CBAT"This is the reason I did not look too seriously at the Huskqies. And there is a delear in my town. I've heard there are many questions about his competence. The name of the dealership keeps changing every few years. He sells  Victory too. :Topes

The El Paso dealer is an absolute joke here is his website:

http://www.mrmotorcycle.net/

According to the page he carries:

Honda
Yamaha
Suzuki
Victory
Polaris
Triumph
Vento
Moto Guzzi
UM
Ducati
KTM
Derbi
MV Agusta
Husqvarna
Gas Gas
Kasea
Nexmotor
Cobra
Xtreme
Transnational
Dinli
Vento
Manco
Arctic Cat
Bombardier
Seadoo
Linmax
Cagiva (?!?!)

Needless to say, I don't trust them with my Triumphs.  How can you represent any brand, when you carry every brand of motorsports under one (not very large) roof.

Geof

Stretch

Quote from: "abruzzi"http://www.mrmotorcycle.net/

Miscellaneous?  Is that Greek?  

JetdocX

Good one!  I'll try it on Cos when he gets back. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Stretch

Damn.  I didn't know he was gone.  :mrgreen:

JetdocX

Yup.  I hear he's out touring Abruzzi-stan. 8)
From parts unknown.

Stretch

I hope the cagers get the hell out of the way.

JetdocX

So you missed the ADV stuff about parking his Tiger in the ditch due to being run off the road by an ambulance?

I also hear that he's been riding with a few of the ADV NM crazies and Distanzias are no good in sand.  Imagine that. :roll:

Can't wait for the ride report. :lol:
From parts unknown.