News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Black 2002 955i in Atlanta, Georgia

Started by Stretch, March 26, 2008, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

No affiliation, just letting folks know...

Trade-in bike at Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross (Atlanta), Georgia.

32,000 miles  $4900

Bottom of Page 4... http://www.bluemooncycle.com/bikes_used.htm

Jrod

Why did you post this...

I just put a deposit down on an 01 :cry:

Stretch

I just found it on my way home from Roswell.

This one here is pretty stripped down... bone stock, but very clean.

Tell us about your '01.

Jrod

It's the Roulette green one posted here in the forum.  A 2001 with Thunderbike crash bars and bash guard and all the Triumph luggage.  It's got 56k miles on it, but I'm hoping I don't have any problems.

Not to thread jack, but what Triumph dealer around here is fair with their service?  I'm going to have them look it over and probably load a different tune.

Stretch

The one time I had to take mine in (for front rotors, under warranty), I had a good experience with Atlanta Triumph-Ducati.

The Triumph dealer in Cumming (I forget the name) has had good reviews.

flux

Man, they have some very nice vintage bikes there.  

Funny, I never felt good about going into Atlanta Triumph Ducati, but I hear they are under new management.  I do know a well-endowed dancer at Tattle Tales a few blocks away though.   :eusa_dance   She used to walk around our hose in the buff quite frequently.   :oops:  8)

The dealer in Cumming has made alot of progress, but they suck at using their email.  I'll probably take mine to the one in Chattanooga when I get ready for the valves to be adjusted and the throttlebody sync.  I hear they are really good.  

That 02 looks nice... mine had about 1/3 of the miles on it for less money, but I did have to buy the bags separate (bought em used off ebay though) and the luggage racks also which were hard to find (thanks Abruzzi!).  Keeping in mind you'd have to pay TTT from the BMW dealer, I think they are a little high on the price.  Just my opinion though, and you know everyone's got an opinion...  :roll:

Stretch

Yeah, I thought 4900 was a bit high for a six-year-old bike with nearly three valve adjustments worth of miles on 'er.

Funny... I went in there to order a set of R1150GS handguards (they bolt right on to a Girly) and saw the 2002 Tiger in question, so
I went right over to it to czech her out.

The salesman started explaining the bike to me... "That's a Triumph Tiger..."

"I know.  That's what I rode in on."

"Oh," he said.  "I thought I heard a triple pull up out there."

I said,  "This is my mostest favoritest bike in the whole wide world."

He looked down his nose at me and said  "You've never owned a GS."

With an especially bored tone of voice, I responded  "I've ridden them."

He left me alone after that.  He's been selling bikes long enough to know not to bash a potential customer's (which I'm not,
but he didn't know that) potential trade-in.

There was another customer in there at the time, some overpaid soft whitebread dude who was spending 360 bucks for a
tankbag because it had a BMW roundel on the side.  He saw one of the old German Triumphs up in the vintage bike museum area
and made some comment about Triumphs being shitty bikes.

The salesman immediately went into damage-control mode, going to great lengths describing Triumph's
restructuring under John Bloor, and what great bikes they are now.

I pretended not to hear the conversation, but I was privy to every word.

It made me raff.

flux

GS's are boring.  I see as many of them out and about as I do Harley's nowadays.  Well, ok, maybe not THAT frequently but pretty damned often.  Personally, the 12GS is the ugliest bike ever made, and the 08's are even uglier.  The 1100 was cool, the 1150's were ok, the 1200 butt ugly.  

So, uh, how much do those handguards run?  The stock Tiger ones are a little lackluster.

Stretch

About eighty-five bucks, shipped to my door.

Not bad at all, I thought.

Part number 71-60-7-652-330.

flux

Cool, thanks.  Man, we hijacked the CRAP outta your thread here.   :lol:

Stretch

Jrod

I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what the cash, out-the-door price is.  That's a clean looking bike!

flux

Do it man!  Haggle 'em down.  Point out it is stock.  See what they're willing to do.  I have actually had good luck with Blue Moon when I
had a 650GSD...other say different things but when you get a ride let us know so we can all hook up!

Stretch

Naturally, they looked up the used value for the bike before they even took it in on trade, but here's the page from NADA's site:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... =MC&gtc=MC

droopydawg

Quote from: "flux"Funny, I never felt good about going into Atlanta Triumph Ducati, but I hear they are under new management.  :

ATD is where I bought my 1050 from.  Yes, under new Mgt.....sorta.  From what I understand, one of the silent partners/owners decided not to be so silent anymore.  He is runing the show solo, got rid of 3/4 of the staff and mechanics.  Supposed to be much better now.  Going today after work.