News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to sell my Tiger...?

Started by aebbern, March 31, 2008, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebbern

I am putting my '02 Tiger up for sale, and have 2 options:
- sell it with all the extras (over $4k worth)
- strip the bike and sell it naked, then sell the extras separately

The problem is the bike has 66,000 kms on it.  Even though its in great shape, and barely broken in by Triumph standards, potential buyers get scared off with that kind of mileage.  

I had hoped that all the extra pieces would help justify my asking price.  I have it listed for $7200, which is about what similar year Tigers with less mileage are going for here in Canada.

Would I be able to sell things like: crash bars, aluminum luggage, tank bags, TOR exhaust, etc fairly quickly, or do I just keep it all together?

Any thoughts on this?
\'02 Triumph Tiger
\'04 Suzuki DR650
\'79 Laverda 1200

Mustang

I think you are going to find it pretty hard to get that kind of money for a 6 year old motorcycle with that  kind of mileage I would think that the tiger stripped and returned to stock condition will have no problem fetching 3500-4 k but probably not any more than that and selling off the xtras will help recoup some of your cash . aftermarket stuff does not generaly add value to a machine .

Dr. Mordo

Yeah, everything I have seen backs up Mustang's post.  

Sell the farkles separately, and the bike is probly worth $4k-ish.  I don't think you'll have much trouble selling off the parts.  I'd post them here, Triumphrat, and advrider, and I'd probly sell the parts separately.  If they don't sell at those places I'd post 'em on ebay.

There's a thread over on Triumphrat.com about the fact that girlies aren't holding their value at all despite being great (and expensive) bikes.  They are one of the best deals in bikes right now because the market is so down on them.  Bad news for you, I know.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

aebbern

Thanks guys... I will keep it on the market for a bit longer with the extras, then will have a bit of a Tiger accessories garage sale if it hasn't moved by the end of April.
\'02 Triumph Tiger
\'04 Suzuki DR650
\'79 Laverda 1200