News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

rear shock question

Started by aeronca, April 03, 2008, 03:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

my rear shock puked out all the oil and im riding on spring only. pretty sure it happened after an off road outing the other morning, beside the point though. i was wondering if any one knows if a newer tiger's rear shock (anything newer than a '95, say a 98' to a 2000(+) ), will fit a 95' steamer?????. need feed back my brothers. i see them on ebay for cheap ( cheaper than new or rebuild). thanks     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TigerTrax

You know that Sasquatch is rebuilding rear shocks....
he's  I-DA-HO
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

The spring and valving will probably be close , because the bikes are real similar in weight and style , so the key will be the eye hole mounting length and size of the holes .

you list a 98 -2000 as your source on ebay and that can't be right cause a 98 is the same exact thing as a 95 , except a 95 has a Kayaba shock and a 98 had a pc. of shit Showa
When my showa blew out I replaced it with an OHLINS , oh what a nice big fat improvement that was ! :D
Jack Lilleys in England used to have them for the steamers for around $600 USD delivered to your door by airmail ...........NOT ANYMORE THOUGH , I don't think Ohlins makes one for a steamer anymore

On the Hagon web site they have one listed for steamers  model # M66003 price range n ( 255 british pounds ) thats about 600 bucks i think
here's a link to their page and it looks like you can do online ordering
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/HagShocksPr.htm

the Hagon is supposed to be a first rate shock
I know my Ohlins makes the stock one look like the POS it was !

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

hey thanks for the info on the white power stuff (suspension that is :D ), but i think im going the rebuild route. i just picked up a bike lift for 45$ at shucks, and im ready to start rippin. i think im going to put a center stand on as well - gotta stimulate the economy ya know :lol:  just off hand, what did that shock run you?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

EEERRR! Lots, IIRC £480, but it was like a different bike afterwards. Mind you it should be for that sort of money.  :)
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting