News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Noob checkin in!.....and story time JUICEDTD.

Started by JUICEDTD, April 07, 2008, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUICEDTD

Just picked up a 2006 Tiger with 60 miles on it for $7500 with 2 year factory warranty :shock:  
I was at the Triumph dealer looking to ride one of the remaining 06 tigers and to my dissmay the last one had sold the weekend before. I proceaded to ride an 08 and did not particularly care for the ergonomics of the bike compared to my KLR.  While there the salesman proceaded to tell me a story about a guy that would not take a test ride on a 07 tiger but none the less wanted one and paid cash for it. He did even have the courage to pick the bike up so the sales department delivered it to him. The very next day the dealer gets a call saying the bike is just to tall and he would like them to buy it back as he dropped it in his driveway. I thought that was funny but wished it was an 06... but he assured me it was an 07. All that happened on a friday night. On Saterday night I was messing around looking at bikes when I decided to check Cyclebarns website. To my suprise there was an 06 Tiger with only 60 miles on it in the used section. The salesman had not been correct as it was an 06 not an 07!!! I called 5min before they opened on tuesday and put down a deposit. They didnt even have the title back from the first sale and I had to wait two weeks but it gave me time to sell the KLR. I also found a used top box during there tent sale for $200. The bike looks identical to happymans.  Sorry for the long story just felt it awesome timing all around! What and awesome ride!
06 Tiger
05 CRF 450x
pw 50 (sons bike)

sold: 08 KLR, 07 Drz 400sm,

snakebasket

Sounds like a good deal to me, and sometimes bikes find you in the right place at the right time.